The Cave

The first thing I noticed was the enormous amount of people already inside mingling and dancing. It was amazing to see so many moving bodies.

Once we made it past the front doors, the room opened up below us and we were gonna have to take the stairs in order to reach the huge dance floor. I think I counted at least four different bar areas to order drinks from, two on the bottom level on either side of the dance floor and two on either side of the stairs, across from each other in this huge space. The stairs themselves went either below or you could go up and there was another area above us but I couldn't see what was up there just yet.

I was staring at everything in amazement when Kai pulled me back to reality.

"Want something to drink?" He had to raise his voice so I could hear him.

I nodded meekly, unsure what to order. Would he think it weird or stereotypically girlie of me if I ordered something fruity? I can't really drink beer but I suppose I could suck it up this one time. And what was he going to order? I don't want to spend more money on drinks than him and get into some sort of financial trouble. Or should I assume he was buying?

I was having all these racing thoughts running through my mind when he started speaking again.

"I'm sorry! I didn't hear you!" I shouted so he would repeat himself.

He asked me what I wanted to drink.

Is this the best time to use that phrase? When in Rome?

"Whatever you're having!" I answered back, smiling widely.

The expression on his face looked like he wanted to make sure he heard me right. Like he was questioning whether or not to listen to me and get something else.

I had to reassure him that I was fine with whatever he was having.

He smiled and pulled me along behind him as he waded through the dense crowd until we were standing side by side at one of the bars.

I expected we were going to have to wait awhile before getting any waiter to pay us attention. The throng of people surrounding us were pushing each other trying to fight for the waitstaff's focus. But I was wrong. The moment one of the bartenders glanced at Kai, he rushed over to take his order. The other patrons looked put off because they were now being ignored and have to wait even longer.

It felt like it only took five seconds and two clear glass bottles of cold waters were placed in front of. Kai handed some cash to the guy who looked at the bill like he'd just won a thousand bucks. Kai took the bottles and handed me one. The glass felt icy in my hands.

Not what I had in mind but it's good. Guess it means he really isn't some sort of alcoholic. Which I'm assuming is also a good thing.

I was just taking my first sip of the cool crisp drink and looking back over the crowd when someone came up to us.

I didn't recognize him but he came straight to Kai who tilted his head so the man could whisper in his ear.

Kai's expression soured at whatever the man told him.

He turned to me, dipping his head down to talk to me. "Hey, I need to go take care of a small thing. Work related. Why don't you go ahead and go to the dance floor. I'll come find you." He kissed me sweetly on my cheek before leaving with the other guy.

I tried not to pout, and I tried even harder to ignore the sex crazed looks he was getting from a majority of the females in the club as he walked by them.

I took my water and headed for the stairs, making my way down to join the people dancing there but I felt so self conscious to even do anything. I ended up just standing off to the side in the shadows, sipping my water every so often.