What to Wear

For the next week Kai continued to let me stay at his place but because Ian was also there, we kept our extra curricular activities to a bare minimum in case there was a repeat of last time.

It didn't take long for us to fall into a routine, we'd sleep, wake up, go to work, eat together and repeat. It was kinda nice living with roommates, especially ones as lively and entertaining as these two.

But Kai and I did start sharing his bed at night which was a nice change. And since I work early I'm usually up before him to get ready, he started asking Roy to take me to work and he'd pick me up himself after my shifts and we'd drive back to his apartment after.

"Are you sure about this? I feel bad having Roy take me everyday." I asked one morning while making pancakes for the guys in the kitchen.

Ian seemed pleased to not have to cook for once and poor Kai looked like he'd never had a hot breakfast made for him once in his life.

I handed Ian the first stack to start digging in to while I began to start on Kai's.

"Yes. I'm sure. I pay him to do what I want. That's his job." He said while eyeing Ian devouring his breakfast.

I watched as Kai tried to steal a bite from his friends plate, his fork being swatted away and Ian snapping at him with a mouthful of food.

"Still. I feel bad though." I said.

"Don't. It's not a big deal." Kai insisted.

Ian finished stuffing his face and stood up to clean his plate.

He tried to talk through his mouthful of food, which made him look like a chipmunk. "Thank you for breakfast." He swallowed the food, somehow not choking on it. "It's a nice change to not have to cook for once." He casted a glance at Kai who narrowed his eyes in response.

"I don't know the first thing about cooking," Kai said and flipped him off which Ian retaliated by coming back around the kitchen island and quickly trying to smack his friends head on the side. Kai swiftly dodged the attack and playfully hit him back.

Is this what all guys are like?

Ian grabbed his jacket from the couch and headed for the door.

"Eve, breakfast was amazing. Thank you. I'll see you guys tonight." And left, leaving us alone before I needed to go to work also.

"You're welcome!" I called out but the door was already closed.

I was focusing on making Kai's food when I felt him sneaking up behind me and enveloped me in his arms. His lips starting kissing the nape of my neck and traveling to the side and up to my cheek.

"Kai, please. Your foods almost ready." I protested.

"Suddenly I'm in the mood for something else." He growled low in my ear. I couldn't suppress the chill that ran through me. He pulled me away from the stove, turning the hot plate off and carrying me off to the bedroom.

"You know I have to leave in like thirty minutes to make it to work on time right?" I asked, speaking directly to his back since he slung me over his shoulder as his usual form of transporting me.

"That's not enough time but it's a good start." He replied and bit my hip teasingly.

I was late to work. No surprise.

Asshole.

Thankfully no one seemed to mind since it was less than ten minutes after my shift started.

I went straight to where my apron was hanging in the back and grabbed it, almost bumping into Lacey on my way out.

Things have been a little tense between us since I told her what happened with Luke. I told her and Brent what I discovered the next morning when I showed up for work, mainly because I couldn't stand the thought of staying in Mrs. Kratz apartment any longer,  being near her things and thinking about what happened to her. Brent quickly excused himself from the conversation and left Lacey to deal with my anger.