Chapter 14 - The Picture

Arigato for 1k+ views!!! For that I'm giving you this chapter!!!
Anyway this chappie is dedicated to wallflower417 and
MirajaneHime for being Awesome and supporting this story!! Also you should check out both of their stories!!
Sorry for the spelling mistakes!
Enjoy! <3

*^*
LUCYS P.O.V
^*^

I flopped down on my bed and sighed. I was about to do the one thing I promised myself I'd never do.

I picked up my iPhone and dialled the number I wanted so much to forget but however much I tried, still clung onto my memory.

It started ringing.

After a few seconds the male voice answered.

"Hello who is this?" The man gruffed in his familiar voice.

"Hello. It's me Father." I heard a gasp at the other end of the phone.

"LUCILLE HEARTFILIA YOU BETTER GET HOME RIGHT NOW!" He screamed at me while I held the phone an inch from my ear, my eyes scrunching up.

"On one condition, Father." The only reason I was calling him that is because I need to butter him up.

"What?" He asked in an annoyed tone.

"Meet me at the Magnolia Hospital. Okay?" I said confidently.

"What is this about?" He asked angrily.

"Do you want me to marry Sting or not?" I asked taking the upper hand.

He grunted on the other line. "When?"

"Today in around an hour."

"Fine." Then he hung up.

I lifted my left hand and used the back of it to wipe my fore head. Phew! That conversation was finally over.

I changed into some nicer clothes and put my hair up in a pony tail with a purple ribbon.

^*^

I arrived at the hospital and went straight to Natsu's room. I had went half an hour early so I could talk with him.

"Hello?" I said as I stepped into his room. I could see him trying to sit up but he was too weak. I walked over to him and when he noticed me his whole face lit up.

"Hey!" He said grinning, his pale cheeks stretching.

I smiled at him. I couldn't help feel sorry for him. When I look at him attached to all those wires and looking so frail it brings tears to my eyes. Natsu years ago was such a strong kid. Emotionally and physically.

I leaned down to hug him. "So how are you feeling today?" I asked in a total non-suspicious way.

"Okay I guess. I feel much better knowing you're safe though... I don't know how to explain it." He says deep in thought. "Its like... Like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders... Know what I mean?" He asks looking at me curiously.

I simply nod and sit at the end of his bed.

"Can I ask you something?" I say.

"Shoot!" He says.

"You know you've been in here for aaaagggeees." I say emphasising the 'ages'.
He nods.

"Well what have you been doing all those years?" I say in a 'deep-in-thought' tone.

"Well I used to draw most of the time." He said casually.

"Do you still have drawings." I say excitedly.

He blushed. "Yeah... But they're embarrassing."

"How so?" I ask.

"I'm not going to tell you." He says sticking his tongue out. God he can be so immature!

"Fine then I just won't talk to you." I say facing away from him being the 'mature' one. (Lol so mature Lucy! XD)
"Please don't not talk with me!" He whines. He sighed. "Your the only other person I've talked to... Like really talked to for years apart from my nurses."

This pierced my heart like a knife. I'm the only one who actually visits him? I thought Nurse Bradford was being sarcastic.

After a minute he breaks the silence. "Fine! I'll show you the damn drawings." He mutters.

"Yay!" I turn around with a grin on my face and clapped.

"Can you get them for me?" I nod. "There underneath the cabinet... I didn't want anyone to see them. Only my Nurse has ever saw them."

I shuffled underneath the cabinet and brought out a large folder and handed it to him. He opened it up and I gasped. They were beautiful! No the were AMAZING! For someone who had never seen outside for years he sure had a good memory. I took a handful of pictures and held them as Natsu looked away blushing red. I shuffled through pictures of mountains, rivers, lakes and animals. They were stunning! I had no words to describe how good... Scratch that how BRILLIANT they were! (A/N: I hope you get how good they are! XD)
I kept on going through all different ones and then I gasped. I traced the outline of the picture with my finger.

It was a drawing of me when I was younger. Maybe this was what Nurse Bradford was talking about when she recognised me..

I looked up at Natsu who was still looking away and avoiding eye contact.

"N-Natsu?" I said.

He looked over to me flushing crimson as he saw what I was holding.

I shuffled through some more pictures. There were more of me there too. There was one that Natsu had drew when we had accidentally kissed when I fell off the fallen tree in 3rd person view. Then there was another one of my face close up blushing and it had writing beside it.

This was Lucy's face after we accidentally kissed. It was really funny. I really miss Luce.. She was my bestest friend in the whole wide world and I....

It looked like it had said more but it had been rubbed out and scribbled over. By the looks of the writing he'd did this just after he left. I wet splash dropped onto the paper. I touched my face to find I was crying.

Natsu looked over to me and his eyes widened at what I was holding then he looked to me.

"Why are you crying? Do you hate the pictures?" He asked sadly.

I shook my head and smiled with tears still rolling down my face. "No. It's beautiful." I say and hug him tightly.

"Can't ...... Bre..athe." He said. I let go of him and giggled.

"What did this say?" I ask pointing to the bit that was scribbled over.

"N-Nothing!" He said blushing even more and taking it from my hand.

"Oh come on tell me!" I whine.

"Oh geez would you look at the time! I need to go to sleep!" He says in a high tone. I can tell he's avoiding the situation.

I look at my phone. "Natsu its only- Oh crap I have to go!" I say standing up. I was late wih meeting my dad. I was just about to fly out the door when I remembered this will probably be the last time I see Natsu...

I run back an kiss his cheek. He looks shocked and holds his frail hand to his cheek.

"Bye!" I call out while running out of the room smiling. But he couldn't see the tears in my eyes.

^*^

"Father." I say to the blonde-going-grey man who was pacing back and forth In the hospital reception.

^*^*^
Why is Lucy meeting with her Dad?
What did her and Natsu's Nurse talk about?

Find out in the next chapter!

Buhh-Bayyy!! (^_^)/

Don't forget to Commet, vote and follow! I'll follow back!!

XxXxX