Chapter 3 - Four Years Later

A/N: Just to let you know Lucy is 9 now and Natsu is 10 and if you haven't read chapter 2 since I edited it, Their school is called Hargeon Elementary ^_^
And his chapter is dedicated to Amy_Louise_22 who's my friend IRL!

Lucy P.O.V
-----------

I was sitting at my table with Natsu in class. The teacher was rambling on about something or other and I wasn't listening, I was bored. Our table was next to the window but Natsu's chair was right beside the window. I looked up at him to find him gazing out of the window, it was snowing. It was getting closer to Christmas now and it wouldn't be long until the Winter break. I was so excited. Natsu and I were going to go ice skating and we could hang out every day!

I hadn't realised I had been staring at Natsu until he turned around and smirked at me. That made me blush and my heart beat faster. I turned back around, pretending to listen to the teacher and let my bangs hide my flushed face. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Natsu grinning.

TIME SKIP - LUNCH

The bell rung, dismissing us all from class to go for our lunch. Like always we sat outside, under the tree that we've always sat at since the first day. I brushed some of the light snow that was on the grass away with my foot and sat down. I watched Natsu do the same.

Just as we were opening our lunches, a red-headed girl and a dark-haired boy joined us. Their names were Erza and Gray. Theses were our new friends we'd met few years ago after an incident involving the red braided freak called Flare and her posse. Anyway Erza and Gray came and helped us fend off the school bullies and became our friends. But we weren't as close friends to Erza and Gray, as me and Natsu were, but we were best friends.

"Hey!" I greeted them

"Konnichiwa!" Erza said as she say down beside me.

"Move over Flame Brain!" Gray said.

"Oi! Who you calling Flame Brain, Snowflake?" Natsu bickered back. Erza sighed and I sweat dropped. I felt scared for them guys.

Erza stood up and clunked both their heads together causing them to fall over. "Are you going to behave now? Or will I have to make my point further."

"Aye Sir!" They both said acting chummy, but giving each other glares when Erza's head was turned.

We had all began tucking into our food when I noticed movement out of the side of my eye. I turned and my whole face turned wet and cold. I was covered in snow.
I heard someone snigger. I wiped my face to find a red-headed girl. It was Flare. I saw Natsu clench his fists beside me.
Natsu stood up and walked over to her.

"Have you finally came to your senses and picked me over that blond bimbo?" She asked Natsu.
Natsu stayed silent. He had an angry expression on his face.
"What's your problem, Flare? Eh? Do you just like to make others suffer?" He screamed in her face.
She flinched a little. No-one had ever stood up to her like that before.

"What did you just say?" She put on a fierce face.

"You heard me!" Natsu said right back at her. Erza and Gray both stood up beside Natsu, so I stood up beside him too.

"Can't you see we're meant to be? I'm supposed to be your girlfriend not that blondie." She said before turning on her heel and stalking off to the table to sulk.

"Arigato minna! (Thanks everyone!) " I said to them.

"No problem." Gray said. Erza nodded and Natsu was still staring over at Flare with his fists still clenched.