chapter fourteen

A/N

- I'm trying to develop Vienna and John B's relationship a little more.

- Vienna and JJ's relationship will develop very differently. They're both very damaged people so loving doesn't come easy to either of them. The relationship will take a while to grow & have a lot of bumps.

- lastly, whenever I have Vienna sing / perform a song imagine it acoustic! If I can find a video for it I'll put it in :)

_____

JJ's hand never leaves mine the entirety of the car ride. I try to ignore the noises my stomach is making, knowing I've been neglecting eating for the past few days. After what has happened I haven't had much if an appetite.

"Stealing drones makes you hungry" Kie jokes as John puts the van into park in the lot of The Wreck.

JJ squeezes my hand three times, then lets go, making his way out of the door, "What I would do to a beer and shrimp and grits right now."

"It would not be pretty" Pope jokes.

As Pope and JJ exit out of the right side of the van, I leave out of the left. As I shut the door John pulls me into a hug.

"Somethings off with you, V. You don't have to tell me, but I want you to know I love you." I hug him back.

"I know you do, and I love you more, John."

He pulls out of the hug, kissing my forehead, and muttering "impossible." He moves so that now one arm rests around my shoulders as we walk into the restaurant. "Remember what I told you."

I look up at him confused, "about what?"

He holds the door open for me and ushers me inside before speaking, "performing!"

I had been thinking about that, I just would never admit it to him. I poured my heart into my songs, they were so vulnerable which is something I rarely allowed myself to be. I was hesitant to perform them because they were my emotional side, a side that made me feel weak.

I spaced out, drowning myself in my own thoughts as we stood in the corner of the restaurant. Soon I felt a hand on my lower back leading me to a table. I flinch away at the touch, a touch that reminded me of the way Rafe would touch me. I looked to see that the hand belonged to JJ. A flash of hurt and worry flushed through his face as he realized why I flinched. Instead, he pointed to a table where the group was sitting. I returned a small smile to him, making my way toward where Kie and Pope sat.

"Talked to Mr. C," John announced, running back over to us, "he said you should perform!"

"John — I don't - I'm not ready- I don't even have a guitar or- or my music or anything—I-I can't—" I rambled as he pushed me away form the table and toward a small stage tucked in the back corner of the restaurant.

He sat me down on a stool that had a microphone in front of it and a guitar resting against it, which he handed me.

"V," he sighed out, putting his hands on my shoulders, "don't over think it. You'll do amazing, I know it. There's barely anyone in here!"

I looked around the restaurant. There were three other couples scattered across the building. Otherwise, the only people were us and staff.

I sighed, "fine. One song." I agreed. "Most of my music is sad, though."

"Doesn't matter! It's a chill vibe anyway." He shrugged. "I love you. You'll do great." He said, kissing my forehead and going to sit back with JJ, Kie, and Pope.