chapter eighteen

A/N
Hi! I haven't updated in forever. I am so sorry. I was so busy with school and other things but I just graduated so hopefully I'll get back into normal updates!

I'm going to sort of change the direction of the story. I don't know what ending I'll have yet but as of right now I don't want to follow the plot exactly.
_____

-not edited yet-

"Kie, they're following them." I say, worriedly.

"What the fuck did they get themselves into." She huffs, grabbing her bag. "Let's go save their asses."

We get up and start making our way behind the movie screen, where all four of the boys are.

"You feel good about yourself, stealing shit?" We hear Topper taunt, "I mean is your mom proud of you? Dad proud?"

Topper is cut off with the sound of a grunt.

"Now, attaboy!" I hear JJ yell.

Kie and I hurry up, knowing a fight has broken out.

"Rafe! Rafe! Stop" I tell, running over to see him punching a defenseless JJ.

"Let go of him Topper! Fascist asshole!" Kie yells, trying to get Topper to drop JJ.

"Rafe, stop. You just said you didn't want to be like this. Drop it and let's go home." I say, trying to talk him down.

Rafe ignores me and picks Kie off Toppers back, yelling at her to stay out of it. He then comes back and grabs my wrist, pulling me away as well.

"I can't watch you get hurt, Vienna. Like I said, JJ is not who you think. They're not good people. Let Topper and I handle this."

"What happened, Rafe?"

"They sunk Toppers boat, Vienna. Made it look like an accident. He owes thousands."

"You jumped Pope." I counter. "And Topper can easily afford the damages."

"Vienna, they've been pulling guns on us for weeks! We want them off figure eight. You don't understand what's going on Vienna. Stay out of it and don't get hurt." He finishes, and turns back to the fight.

When we look back, the screen is engulfed in flames.

"Fire." Rafe says, pushing me behind him. "Guys, fire!"

"Get out of here!" He yells again.

Kelce and Topper walk towards Rafe and I.

"Holy shit, you almost killed him, man!" Kelce laughs with Topper, praising him.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you insane?" I fire at Topper.

"Vienna, I'll handle it." Rafe warns. "I've told you several times now to stay the fuck out of it!"

"But Rafe, they're-"

"Who the fuck are you anyway?" Kelce throws back at me, cutting me off.

"Hey, watch yourself, Buddy. Don't speak to her like that" Rafe says.

"Vienna!" I hear Kie yell, "what are you doing?"

I look up to find a confused Kie across the lawn, trying to back away from the fire. I feel guilty, being on the "kooks" side. I see JJ helped Pope off the floor and make my way over to them.

Rafe grabs my arm, stopping me.

"I can only protect you and warn you so much, Vienna. Don't be stupid."

"I have to help them, Rafe. Stay clean. I'll come see you in a few days." I say, hoping he'll listen to it. Rafe is complicated. He's not the Rafe a used to know, and I know it's because of his drug problem. It hurts me, I could've stopped it. I let him get in that space, even egging him on at times. I felt like I had to be there to fix it as well.