21- The Mission

"When do you think he'll get here, Hux?" You ask, a small suitcase was packed that held some First Orders plans of attack, Hux had to keep up on his part, and a few clothing items you wanted to keep.

"I'd reckon in a few hours. Maybe less." He answered, "That pilot always seems to be on top of things."

You smile a little, forced almost, "I can't wait to leave."

He looks at you and doesn't say anything.

"Is this how I should be feeling?"

Hux shrugs, "you want my opinion?"

You nod.

"I remember the you from last year. And she wouldn't be feeling like this."

"This is different though. I'm not the same. He's not the same."

"Maybe so, but I don't think change stops two people from loving each other."

You flinch slightly at the word love. Because you did love him, that thought scared you, however the isolation and passage of time has a way of warping the mind. It had done that to you.

"He tried to kill me, Hux. He choked me" You say defensively.

"Im not saying that Kylo is perfect. I hate him. And maybe leaving is best. That's why I arranged this. But feeling fine with it is not what I expected from you."

"What did you expect then?"

He sighs, "I don't know. But if you leave today you are never coming back. You are never going to see him again." He looks at you and pauses, "you understand that Princess?"

You nod , "I understand."

"Then maybe you should be feeling this way." Hux's watch goes off and his eyes widen.

"What is it?"

"He's back early."

"Who?"

"Kylo Ren." His face paled, "he wasn't suppose to be back yet."

"What do we do?"

"I'll go out and greet him. and try to lead him away from you. He hasn't had much interest in you before, nothing should have changed. Hopefully Poe will be here soon."

"And if he's not?"

"If Kylo finds you, you are going to have to fight."

You bitterly laugh, "that shouldn't be hard."

"No I mean fight fight," he picks up your lightsaber, "with this."

You gasp, "I've turned that thing on once. He'd easily beat me."

"You have more power then you think." He says evenly, "now I must go. I wish you luck."
-
Kylos heart thumped as he flew his Tie Fighter into the Frontier. He was a defect now. He was going to abandon the Order. Yet here he was, heading straight towards them.

He was still the supreme leader in their minds so as long as he kept his cool it should be easy getting y/n and getting the hell out.

Kylo steps out of the fighter, putting on his helmet only to see General Hux.

"Supreme Leader Ren, how was your trip?" Hux asked.

"Fine." A bit of annoyance slipped into his tone, he was never one for small talk.

"We have some plans you might want to look ove-"

"How is she?" he asks, regretting it instantly because his voice was way to soft and kind.