13- Aftermath

Your eyes slowly open to the brightness of an afternoon sun. The yellow light blinded your tired eyes and the foggy ness in your head was blinding your thoughts.

Where am I?

You look out the small window in the white room you were in and saw green plants and some x wing fighters.

This wasn't a First Order territory. You had been rescued somehow from that pig pen. You sit up in bed and instinctively bring your hand to your stomach.

He had stabbed you with his light saber. He had killed you, you felt it.

But there was nothing, not even a scar from the weapon on your skin. You look across the bed at yourself in a small mirror. You looked healthy. No signs of bruising or cuts, and you could have sworn that you were beaten down by Snoke.

"Y/n?" A voice says, unsure of what he was saying. 

You turn to look at the door, "Poe?!" you smile. He runs to you and pulls you into a massive hug.

"I can't believe you're alive, your highness." He says into your hair, "we didn't think you'd wake up."

"Wake up?" You question.

He pulls away from you and frowns, "I'll go get General Organa, shell want to talk to you."

"Okay." you say as he walks out calling for her, you push your hair back and take a big sigh.

"Princess Y/n?"

A older women is at the door way, she's wearing a brown tunic dress and her hair is in a fancy updo. But what really strikes you is her eyes and her cheeks.

"You look," you swallow, "you look just like Ben."

The name sounded so foreign on your tongue. And you start to cry a little, being reminded of your murderous husband.

"Oh dear Child," she wraps you into a hug, "I'm afraid Ben is no longer alive."

You see the look in her eyes. She missed him dearly, she was angry as well.

"What happened?" you ask, your voice low.

"When," she pauses, "when Kylo stabbed you." she stops talking, Poe, who was standing at the doorway flinches and wipes his face

"When he stabbed me,,"

"When he stabbed you the First Order put your body in the med bay because you weren't totally dead." She continues.

"Why didn't they kill me?" You ask.

"They were going to, they assumed you'd die in the hospital bed, but you didn't. So they planned to kill you the day Poe broke you out."

"What?" You croak out, looking at Poe who just shrugged and smiled lop sidedly at you.

"Mr. Dameron here flew to the destroyer when Rey felt Be-Kylo's force signature change. He went undercover as a doctor and took you here."

"Why would you risk your life for me?" You ask Poe.

"Because," he comes all the way in the room and sits next to you, "Without your help I wouldn't have escaped, I owed you one."

"Oh." You whisper, wrapping the blanket around you tightly, "so how did you heal me?"

"Technology," leia says, "it takes awhile to heal lightsaber wounds but Poe got you here just in time to put you on life lock."

You had heard of Life Lock before. It was a new treatment that helped those who were seriously injured or sick. You once knew someone who was on it, he didn't wake up from the treatment until 3 years later.

"How long have I been here?" You whisper out, your throat going dry.

"6 months."

"6 MONTHS!" you look at Leia, your lips trembled. 6 months was to long, you didn't have that time to waste.

"You were very hurt, young one." Leia explains, "I'm surprised it didn't take longer."

"I'm sorry, Y/n." you turn to look at Poe who was looking at you gently, "it's my fault."

"What?" you sounded surprised.

"I should have made you come with me when I saw you that second time, I shouldn't have made you stay with that monster."

"I chose to stay." You defend, "I chose it. Not you."

"He wouldn't have hurt you if I chose for you." he mumbles, "he wouldn't have tried to kill you."

"I told you that I'd bring him home," you spoke softly, "I told you that and you believed me, I'm the one who's sorry."

You take the pilots hand, "I really thought I could turn him." You turn to Leia, "I saw the light in him, General, I knew he was good. I thought he was good."

Leia looks at you sadly, "do you love my son, y/n?"

You look at the ground. And close your eyes tightly to remember the look in his eye as he killed you. Snoke said he loved you, and you knew that he wasn't lying.

"Yes, I love your son, General."

But then you remember all the times he threatened you, and hurt you, and broke you.

"But I don't love the man he chose to be at the end." you whisper, your voice breaks. Kylo had the choice, he didn't have to kill you.

"He's been tortured, Leia." you tell the old women.

"I know." she sighs, "I feel it everyday."

"They've broken him. Snoke tears out his mind and make a completely new person." you shake your head, "I thought I could save him, but he's to far gone."

Leia and Poe just comfort you as you wipe your eyes dry. They look at each other and then at you. The pilot kisses you on top of your head lovingly, "my dear princess, I'm sorry you had to go through this."

You smile sadly at him, "I know what the First Order can do. Poe, you once asked me what side I was on in the war, I didn't have one then. But now I do."

You stand up and look at the General, "I am with the Resistance. Is there anything I can do to help?"

-

"Please, Supreme Leader, I beg you, I-I have a family."

The First Order was destroying a small city in the Califar System. They did nothing wrong, they had so support or weapons, they didn't stand on a side. But for the past 6 months, Kylo Ren couldn't stop killing.

Because if he stopped destroying every planet the Star Destroyers saw, he'd think about you. And when he thought about you he was weak.

"Please," the old man begged, "we will stand behind the First Order, but please don't hurt us. We don't want a fight."

The man started to cry at Kylo's feet, shivering with fear at the tall Sith Lord who towered over him.

"I have children, and I love my wife!" He exclaimed.

"I had a wife to," Kylo spoke through his mask, his voice was filled with venom, "it didn't work out."

He signals his storm troopers, "kill them all, I want no survivors."

"But sir." One trooper asked, "they are not our enem-"

"I said kill them all." He snaps, stabbing his light saber through the old man's heart, "the first order has no tolerance for love."