10- Intimacy

When Kylo comes back about an hour later you hear him take off his mask and slam in down.

"Kylo?" You call out, getting up from the bedroom to see what the fuss was about.

"Hey." He turns to look at you, "did I disturb you?"

You shake your head, "I just got out of the shower." you say with a small smirk.

His stoic face breaks out into a smile and he rolls his eyes, "I was about to mention that. Our little... fiasco with the pancakes-"

"The food fight." you state.

He sighs, "the food fight, yes, well it made me look less intimidating."

"You mean they weren't scared of a giant man wearing whipped cream?" You laugh.

"You're so annoying, y/n." He says, pushing a piece of hair behind your ear.

"I'm not the annoying one here." You say matter of factly, "I find men in deserts very intimidating."

"I'm being serious, Princess." Kylo says softly, "there's a lot of things going on right now and I can't let myself get distracted by you."

"Distracted by me?" You question with a seductive smile, "do I distract you Kylo Ren?" you graze your fingers down his hand and intertwine then with his.

"That's not what I mean." he looks down at your hands, "We've been tracking the Resistance for days, it's not before long that they run out of fuel."

"That's a good thing then isn't it?"

He doesn't answer.

"Hey?"

"It is a good thing, but it just makes everything tense."

You didn't really understand what was going on in the war but seeing Kylo so tense and nervous did tell you that things were difficult at the moment.

"So that's why you need be intimidating and not be distracted." you ask.

He nods, "exactly."

"Is that why you wear this big piece of metal on your head?" You say while picking up his helmet.

He tenses as you touch it but doesn't say anything.

"Oh I see." You graze your fingers along the barred sides, "you don't wear it around here because I don't intimidate you."

He laugh softly, "you actually intimidate me a lot."

You smile and put on his mask before he could comprehend your actions and protest.

You cross your arms and stand on your tippy toes which only brings you up to his shoulders.

"Now do I look intimidating?" You ask, surprised to hear your voice sound so deep through the filter.

Kylo blinks at you and his eyes widen, "take that off."

"Why?"

"Because you're scaring me?"

His voice was laced with concern and his eyes were visibly distraught, he didn't like seeing you so much like him.

You take off the helmet and the hissing sound goes off making Kylo wince.

"Only because it looks much better on you." you say softly, placing it down on a pedistool.

"It hides you beautiful face." He tells you, Leaning in for your lips.

You smile and meet him halfway, tilting your head up, "that's why I wanted it off your face."

You feel him smile and find your arms snaking around his neck to pull him closer to you. He groans out in pleasure and slides his hands up your back to play with your hair.