17- Negativity

He didn't say anything at first. He didn't move. He didn't breathe. He held his breath for minutes, staring contently at you.

Asking him to do this was definitely ballsy. He was an unstable human being who had enough rage and love to burn cities down.

"What?" he says.

"You gotta come home with me, Ben." You whispers.

"No." He snaps, releasing his hold on your waist. "Anything else, I'll do it for you." He shakes his head, "but not this."

You step back from him, "did you expect me to stay here after this?!"

He looks away.

"Kylo! I can't stay here. Not when I've seen what they've done to the Galaxy."

"What I've done to the galaxy." He says.

You swallow your condensing thoughts, "be-"

"Can't you see y/n!" He exclaims, a hint of negative energy in his eyes, "I'm in charge. I've built the Order up again. We can have everything. Anything at all."

"You sound like Snoke, Kylo." you say, your voice hardening like ice, "you're blinded."

"I'm not." he looks at you with a smile, "I was powerful with the force after I thought you died, but with you standing here now, it's even stronger."

"What do you mean you're stronger?!"

"This place. The order. ITS MINE! this place bows down to me."

"This place?!" You exclaim, "this place, Ben. This place isn't your home."

"And the Resistance base is?" he asks, shaking his head in doubt.

"I've lived there, I know it is." you tell him, "they're good people."

He walks away from and leans his head against the wall, muttering to himself.

"Why did you come here, y/n?" he angrily asks, "did leia make you?"

"No. She actually helped hide me from you." you see him flinch, "I had no intention of coming here, Kylo, but when you were gonna kill Poe. I had to step in."

"The resistance pilot?"

"Yes. Poe."

He turns to look at you, "do you love him?"

"Of course." you were surprised that this was being spoken about.

"Oh." His voice came out in a whisper, the tension leaving it. "Is that why you wanna go back?"

"What?" you question, "Kylo, I don't love him like that."

His eyes roll to yours.

"He's like my brother."

"Oh."

He turns from you and breaths heavily. Was he jealous of Poe? He must be. The thought of Ben being jealous made you smile in victory.

"Ben." you start to stay.

"I'm so happy to see you y/n." he quickly interrupts, "don't get me wrong. Being with you again, hearing your voice, hugging you close. Words cant explain how overly joyful I am."

He looks at your face again, "I'm so happy right now. But I can't go back. Please don't ask me to go back."

You bite you lip.

"Because I won't follow you."

"Why not?" You ask, emotions sinking into your voice.

He bitterly laughs, "they don't want me, y/n."

"Yes they d-"

"I killed thousands of them. I've blown up their planets. I've taken over their cities." His voice drops, "y/n... I killed my father. How would Leia even take me back in?"

"She would, Kylo."

"No she won't, they don't want me, can't you see?"

"I don't care if they want you!" You exclaim, "I want you. That's all that should matter."

His eyes light up, "exactly!" He smiles, "me and you. That's all that matters."

You nod, a small smile appearing on you face. Maybe he would come back with you.

"If that's all the matters, Princess, then stay here with me."

Yep, no.

"I can teach you how to wield that lightsaber. I can teach you how to use the force." His eyes shine, "we could rule together and bring a new order to the galaxy. Side by side. Me and you."

"Don't do this Ben." you say, your smile diminishing quickly, "Kylo..please."

"You're not listening!" He yells, throwing his hands up in the air dramatically, "we could have everything!"

"I don't want everything, Kylo!" you scream, "I can't believe you!"

"I'm offering you a life time of peace and security. And you are refusing."

"Yes." You bluntly say, "I don't follow murderers."

His face tenses up and he curls his fists, "you are not allowed to go back."

"Then I am a prisoner."

He scowls, "I don't want you to be, y/n." He says still trying to win you over, "you don't have to be."

You ignore his silent plea, "what do you normally do to prisoners?"

As if on cue, Captain Phasma enters the small room and stands by Kylos side, looking down on you.

"Phas, take her to my room."

"That's not where prisoners go." You snap, glaring at Kylo.

"Fine! You want it this way?!" He yells, "take her to holding cell 167, don't give her water or food for the rest of the day."

Phasma roughly grabs your arm and starts to pull you out of the room. Kylo doesn't follow, he just stares with an emotionless expression.

"I was so fucking stupid to think that you'd think about someone other than yourself." you spit out at him, "you really are the monster who stabbed me, Ren."

You see his lightsaber ignite before the door closes in front of you.

"You shouldn't push him so hard." Phasma tells you, "he's got a temper."

"I know what he has." You snap at her, "and I don't care if I push him."