15- Reunion

"How are you even eating this?" poe says with a disgusted look on his face while watching you scarf down food from the mesh hall.

You roll your eyes at him and spoon another scoop of mashed potatoes into your mouth.

"You are insane, y/n."

"I was basically dead for 6 months, give me a break Poe." you tell him, "I gotta refuel from all the lost time."

"It's been three months since you've woken up, you should be normal again!"

You drop your spoon on the tray and smile at your friend, "Poe my darling, I'm not normal."

"Oh boy, that I know your highness."

Your face scrunched up in disgust at the formality. No one knew you were a princess except Poe and Leia, and you wanted to keep it that way.

"Don't call me that!"

"I can call you what I want." He says with a smirk.

"No you can't." you bite back.

He just laughs as you eat more food.

"But seriously y/n, you are so weird. Who voluntarily lives on Starkiller base and hangs out with Kylo Ren?"

You flinch.

That name hurt.

"shit." His voice lowers, "I didn't mea-"

"It's fine." you Breathe out. 

"I'm sorry, y/n." He tells you, a look of sympathy on his face.

You push your food tray across the table and a droid comes and picks it up. You give Poe a look and get up, grabbing your jacket from the chair.

"I gotta go train with Leia." you mutter.

"Y/n."

"I'm gonna be late." You tell him, turning away with a conflicted face.

"Princess!" you turn around to look at the pilot, "I know that he bring up some bad memories. And I'm- I am sorry, okay?"

You blink and sigh, "I know."

"Will you come and finish lunch with me?" He asks you, gesturing to the table.

"I really do-"

BEEP BEEP BEEP

"What the hell?" you say out loud.

"Fuck."

You look at Poe who had jumped over the table and was now gripping your arm tightly.

"What is it?" You ask.

He pulls you out into the hall and starts running down a series of different corridors.

"Poe!" you shout at him.

"They're here!"

His face was full of fear as he led you, "they've never attacked us before, not like this."

"Who is they?"

He stops and looks at you, "the first order."

You gasp, "what?!"

He nods, "I gotta get you to General Organa. You'll be safe with her. And I need to get bb8 and get out to my plane."

"NO!" you yank your arm from his grasp, "I wanna fight too."

He rolls his eyes at you, "no. No no. You can barely take off in sims, y/n."

"Fine. Then I'll defend the campus, I can shoot fairly well."