Glam

Okay, so this one, I only originally made one that was unromantic, which I will be posting on my non-romantic oneshots, and then I just did this next romantic one for fun :) Enjoy!

Also: This takes right before Sophie, Fitz, and Biana come to Solreef in Unlocked. 

Where my original oneshot started

"So . . ." Tam prompted.

"So what?" Glimmer asked.

Tam knew that she knew exactly what he was talking about.

"You said that -"

"That I was willing to show my face to you?"

"Well . . . yeah."

She sighed. "I did, didn't I?"

"You don't have to -"

"No, it's fine. But I don't want the bodyguard here."

Absolutely not," Bo growled.

"Come on, Bo," Tam said. "It's only me."

"That doesn't mean anything," Bo said.

"All you have to do is step outside," Glimmer told him. "And give us a bit to talk. He'll have questions, I'm sure. And don't forget that you know how important this is."

Bo did, Tam thought. But thankfully, he didn't see the harm in just standing outside of the room, and he didn't fight any further.

Tam turned towards Glimmer.

"I'm not anyone you've heard of," she said. "My name is Glimmer. But I don't want you to tell anyone just yet."

"I can't make any promises," Tam told her, "until I see what you actually look like."

"Fair enough."

She reached up to pull the hood off her head.

And what Tam saw was perhaps one of the most beautiful girls he'd ever seen.

She had darker skin, much like Wylie's, and turquoise eyes.

He could tell she was a bit shy or nervous because of the way she let her hair spill over her shoulders, untucked by the ears, and covering the sides of her face.

"If only I could get a picture of the look on your face right now." She laughed softly.

"Did you keep your identity hidden from them, too?" He asked.

"As if the leaders would ever let me," she mumbled. "So no. But I, uh, kept it hidden from anyone else, until, y'know . . . you."

Tam felt strangely honored.

"Why? Why did you keep your identity hidden?" He asked.

"Because." She blew out a breath. "I am a naturally suspicious person, and my parents really taught me to hone in on that, and it still affects me, obviously, and so it's just a habit by now. Covering my face makes me more comfortable, which is odd, because I don't mind you seeing me."

"And why me? Why now?"

"When you came into the Neverseen, and I met you, you were kind of naturally suspicious, too, like me, and I guess I kind of connected with that? As for why now, I felt like maybe it was time for me to start branching out. But I'm starting small. With you. And then maybe someone else."

Tam didn't know what to say.

Glimmer untucked her hair from behind her ears.

"What's with the hair?" He asked.

"What?"

"You, like, keep tucking it and untucking it."

"Oh, that," she said, laughing. "If you couldn't tell, I like covering my face." Tam laughed at that, too. But then came her next question. "Why would you notice that? No one's ever pointed it out to me before. Half the time, I'm not even aware I do it."

And this is where it ended from my original oneshot :)

Tam scooted a little closer to her, and then hesitantly reached up to sweep some of her hair back. They were incredibly close now. If she didn't like it, she didn't say anything.

In fact, she even reached up to cup his hand, which he had left resting on her face, with hers.

He saw her swallow hard. "I think that the reason I wanted to show you my face today was because . . . you're the only person I trust." She let some of her hair fall over her eyes as she looked at him.

"Glimmer, I don't know what to say."

"Then just . . . stay like this," she told him.

"Well, what would you say . . .?" Tam trailed off, not breaking eye contact with her.

"What would I say if what?" Glimmer asked.

He very gently took her hand in his and gave it a kiss on the knuckles. "If I were to do that," he said softly.

"I'd say that . . . that I liked it."

"And what would you say if I were to do this?" Still holding her hand, he leaned closer and gave her a kiss on the cheek, lingering only a bit.

"I would say . . . I don't know what I would say."

"Would it be good or bad?"

Tam noticed that she slightly glanced at his lips. "It would be good," she admitted.

"Then what would you say . . ." He trailed off, and he didn't know if it was her or him, maybe it was both of them, that finally closed the distance.

"I would say," she whispered against his lips, "that I want to do it again."

"Oh yeah?" Tam smiled when she nodded. "I think I do, too."

He had just leaned in again when Bo stomped in. The two jumped apart, Glimmer throwing her hood up again before Bo could notice her. "The moonlark is coming," he growled.

"Doesn't she already know that I don't know anything?" Glimmer asked.

She sounded a little harried, not at all as snarky as her normal self, at least in her tone, but Tam also noticed how easily she threw her defenses up. It was like she had slammed a big, iron gate closed.

At one point, he had been behind that gate with her, but now everything was completely shut out.

But maybe, if they worked at it, she'd let him behind it again.

He was excited, hopeful, that they could.