22

"Alright, then you are coming with me." Blankly staring as he shoved his phone in his back pocket, Gabriel watched Ashley as she looked at him like he was crazy.

"What?"

"You'll stay with me for a few days until the court case, depending on what the judge says on day one, he could have to stay in a jail cell again for the time being."

"I-I...I can't let you do that." Almost at a whisper, Ashley tried to gain a voice here but was still shaky from crying. This only made Gabriel roll his eyes and cross his arms at her in the doorway. "You've done way too much for me already."

"I don't think I am giving you much of a choice. Lets go." Grabbing her bag in one hand and outreaching his other for her to take, Gabriel softened his gaze though he was plenty upset. Ashley didn't need to see Gabriel angry or terribly upset, when she was now hiding from a man that was pissed at her.

Ahsley took his hand gently, standing up before pulling it away and to her side. Taking her bag from Gabreil. Watching the tall man walk to the back of the building where his car was parked, Ashley followed quickly with her head down.

Wiping her face with her hands as they got outside, she felt pathetic, she felt weak in the moment. She knew that she should just stay at a hotel or something, but she was sure if she mentioned it Gabriel would just glare and say no. She didn't want to ask anyone because they were in danger then, John was a creep.

He followed people when he wanted, he got drunk and did drugs when things didn't go his way, he hurt people when he was mad, he stalked people for what they are worth.

He would do all of that to get back at Ahsley, and that scared her to death. Everything about him scared her.

Getting into the passenger side of Gabriel's car as he started it, Ashley wiped her now wet and semi dark finger tips onto her pants as she chewed at her cheek and watched as Gabrel texted someone on his phone quickly before putting it away.

When they left, he didn't look at her once. But then again Ashley didn't look at him either, she really didn't know where they were heading; after a while it was somewhere between downtown and the more expensive side of the city.

"We will run by your place tomorrow, it probably isn't safe right now unless you would just want someone else to run there."

"No! I-I don't want anyone going there. I'll run in the morning, it's fine."

"I am going with you."

"Okay." Was the last thing said between them for another five minutes as it started to get dark. The sun was setting more and more quickly as the seconds drew out on the busy roads, trying to get in and out of the traffic of everyone trying to get home as well. "Um...where exactly do you live?"

"Not that far now."

"You live in the really nice part of town."

"Yes, I do after owning a multi-building business, part time ownership in clubs around town and a few bars...yes, i live in the nicer parts of town." Her cheeks pinkened after remembering that he had a good amount of money, more than she ever had really, and that it was just common sense to Ashley now that it came out of her mouth.

"Right, sorry."

"It's fine Ashley." He almost chuckled as he spoke.

"G-Gabriel, I really don't want to intrude on your privacy or anything. Please tell me if its a problem and I will stay in a hotel or something. I don't want to invade because my life is a mess and-"