19

Getting back into the hotel, Ashley smiled as Troy chuckled at her comment about drinking. 

 I would stay away from liquor that makes you say it's name Ashley." How they got on the topic of drinking was beyond her, most of their conversation was. 

"I'll keep that in mind." Standing in the lobby was both Gabriel and Marco talking quietly, Ashley merley noticed them from across the room as Troy handed her coffees back. they seemed like they were arguing over something but she couldn't tell. 

"It was nice talking to you Ashley." He said with a charming smile that made her smile as well. He's really nice to talk to, for once she didn't get the overbearing feeling of anxiety that came whenever she talked to a random guy that wasn't John for an extended amount of time--or at all for that matter.

Ashley quickly pushed back those memories though, "It was nice to meet you too. Thank you for catching me earlier, saving me from some burns and ruined clothes and all."

"I'll catch you any time Doll. Can I ask how long you are here?" Troy questioned.

"Oh, I'm leaving today with my friends. We were just here for some drinks last night."

"Oh." He says, almost sounding disappointed before he smiles sheepishly. "Well I guess I should ask for your number then?"

"M-My number? Like...you wanna talk to me again?" She questions, surprised.

"Isn't that what most people mean?" Ashley sat and thought for a moment. It had been forever since someone had asked her out. When John did it, he insisted so much that Ashley just gave in, and after that, if anyone else had asked for Ashley's phone number they were beaten up by John.

She felt guilty all of a sudden, looking back at Troy who waited for her answer even though it had only been a few mere seconds.

Ashley felt a blush grow upon her face quickly as she looked at her feet with a small smile. "Y-Yeah, sure. Um...here?"

She quickly dug her phone out and handed it to him, unlocked with contacts pulled up, which made Troy chuckled at her clumsy actions and stumbling words.

Eying her as he put his number in her phone, Troy smirked as he caught her glancing everyone but at him. She's cute, I'll give him that, he thought as he handed her back the phone and smiled.

"Well, I should be going. Call me?"

"Y-Yeah." Turning around as Troy left, Ashley saw Billy and his wife come into the lobby, greeting Marco and Gabriel. Walking over to the group, staying closer to Marco and Billy than Gabriel. She still felt weird and unsure about what to say or do with him, Ashley chose to attempt to ignore him and his enchanting gaze on her.

"Hey guys. Here Marco, grabbed coffee. Sorry it took a bit." She rushes out the apology.

"I noticed, who was that guy?" He asked curiously as he watched Troy leave.

Ashley shrugged, feeling a bit nervous. I'm an adult, I shouldn't feel nervous or antsy about letting a guy walk me back to a hotel. "Umm...I don't really know. We just ran into each other and he walked me back."

"Oh?" Marco smiled and raised his eyebrows at her as he sipped the warm coffee he had gotten. Ashley shrugged again and smiled at him.

"Gabriel? When do you need us all back?"

"Soon, I'm finishing something with the insurance company today, then we should be back open in a day or two. I'll need a few people to come in and help Ashley reschedule everyone now that we are behind."