35

"Ashley. Can you come to feel something for me?" Yelling from his bedroom, Gabriel called for Ashley who was getting ready in the bathroom.

Ashley smiled as she tied a belt around her skirt, "Gabriel if you are making a sexual refrence I swea- why are you holding the rope?" Stopping in her tracks, Ashley stopped moving her hands and stared.

"Just feel it." Shaking her head with a smile, Ashley hummered Gabriel and rubbed the rope gently. Looking at him with a 'why' look on her face. "What does it feel like?"

"It feels like a soft rope. Why?"

"Just needed to know."

"Why?"

"Because it's a new brand that reached out to us, and because it feels like that after use, I might order some for some Sanctuaries for us to try."

"....Did you test a product on me last night?" Ashley smacked Gabriels' arm gently and laughed, shaking her head disapprovingly.

"What. No. I would never." Pulling Ashley in and wrapping his arms around the waist, Gabriel only smiled and leaned down to kiss her. His arms tighten around her waist as she hummed and kisses his lips back.

Standing on her toes as Gabriel pulled away, Ashley whined and pulled him back down for more kisses. Not wanting to ever let go of him Ashley smiled. She loved this feeling with him, she never wanted it to fade away.

She wished they wouldn't have to leave soon. That today would vanish so she could cuddle with Gabriel in his bed all day. That they could talk and sleep and watch movies and be comfortable for once.

It was almost time to leave for the courthouse again. Hopefully, the case for today would go quicker than everyone thought it would. Ashley and Gabriel were dressed nicely, him in a suit and black coat; her in a pencil skirt and black blouse. Both of them unintentionally matching their outfits incredibly.

Getting ready to leave, Gabriel was making the bed and so happened to pick up the rope from the floor and notice how it felt.

"We...should get...going." Speaking in between kisses, Ashley slowly pushed a pouty Gabriel away, hands on his chest as she smiled. "It's rainy, people are going to be dumb drivers today. We should leave early."

"Fine."

Letting go of her, Gabriel went to grab their coats from his closet before getting their phones and heading downstairs. Ashley finished getting ready and turned off all the lights before meeting Gabriel at the door, where he slipped his coat over her shoulders and then his own.

Locking their hands together and locking his door, the pair quickly left for Gabriel's car. Ashley rambled about getting ice cream later, saying that there was a new place near Gabriel's apartment that she saw an ad for, and that they should go after the case today.

The entire way to the courthouse, Ashley would not let go of Gabriel's hand. The hand that gave her a comforting feeling and warmth. It was currently a safety net for her and she did not want to ever let go of it.

She watched the rain as Gabriel drove through the busy streets to get them to the courthouse on another gloomy, rainy day. Thunder kept striking in the sky, drums sounding through the clouds when Ashley went quiet.

The rain had been going on for days now, the storm not letting up any sooner either. The thunderstorms over the past few days were now a comfort to Ashley. Her mind settled at it, she never liked the rain before now.

When the pair had gotten to the courthouse, they saw their friends' cars parked outside. All of them were here again. Ashley was thankful as she took a steady breath. She was less nervous and scared than she thought she would be originally. She pictured herself terrified of this day, and for a while she was. But after the first case yesterday, she was less anxious.