28

"Ashley?" Gabriel had yelled lightly as he walked through the door of the apartment, he heard something from upstairs as he dropped his bag at the counter and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge.

Chugging it before pulling out his phone, Gabriel had gone through his emails quickly before deciding to search for the girl in his home.

When he made it halfway up the stairs, he watched Ashley run out of the bathroom in a towel, kneeling by her bag that was still by Gabriel's bedside. He stood there not knowing what to do, watching her grab clothes from her bag before looking up and smiling at him.

"Hey, I didn't hear you come in...I just needed a shower really bad. I'll be ready in a few minutes!" Before Gabriel could take another step, Ashleys as back in the bathroom, closing the door with a smile on her face.

She was smiling, that's good.

Proceeding up the stairs and to his bed, he looked at the messy sheets before making the bed. She was definitely in there all day watching a movie or show until he called. Redoing all the sheets and bedding, he tossed blankets over blankets and neatly set the grey pillows at the head board, straightened out the blankets on the bed that went over the comforter he had.

Gabriel made himself focused on the bed. His hands worked delicately. He wasn't fully recovered from his panic attack or crying from at the Sanctuary, so focusing on something like the bed made it better.

That was until Ashley came out of the bathroom ten minutes later, making him sit up right and stare in a state of awe. He didn't mean to at all, but she was...

"Ready?" Ashley had tossed on black stockings and a loose red skirt, accompanied by a simple black top that hugged her figure too well for once. Her hair was loose and let down and she had her phone in hand. She felt confident for once in an outfit like this and it made her feel better about herself too. She needed to push herself to get better again.

Overall, she looked amazing. Gabriel didn't move or speak for a moment as he watched her. Something came over him that completely stopped him from moving or really thinking.

Ashley looked amazing, in Gabriel's eyes she was an angel at the moment. He hadn't been able to say anything until she walked over to him and put her hand on his cheek. Running a hand through his semi-messy hair as well as she tilted her head all concerned like.

"Are you okay? You look a little red. You aren't getting sick are you?" Her look of concern for Gabriel brought him out of a stance and made him realize that he was in fact, blushing hard. she was so close to his face he could see her freckles that were so light you wouldn't be able to tell they were there. 

She stood there holding his face, looking at his eyes concerned, while Gabriels head raced about the fact that she was so close he could kiss her again. 

He wanted to. Badly. 

"I'm fine. Are you ready?"

"Yes. Eat go get foooooood!" Ashley yelled as she raced down the stairs to head out with Gabriel holding her hand now. Leading her out of the apartment and down the building to the garage, Gabriel held onto Ashley rather tightly, in a non hurting way.

"So...how is everyone at work?" Climbing into the car, Ashley looked over to Gabriel and smiled as he started the car and left, turning onto the road and relaxing some finally.

"They're fine. Everything's the same I guess, less talkative again but you know."

"Yeah. How's Danny doing? I feel bad for not talking to him."