9

The rest of that day went by relatively slow. Ashley spent the rest of her day alone, crying in her bed with an aching heart and a churning stomach. It felt like all she wanted to do was vomit and because of that she was hesitant to drink or eat anything in fear that she'd suddenly throw it all up.

John had texted her, saying that he was sorry for how he acted and that he would come to see her after he was done hanging out with Erica. Ashley felt even more sick at the sight of her name.

Erica.

Some girl who John randomly brought up and seems more interested in talking to than he is with her. It hurt.

What does she have that I don't? What does he see in her that I don't have? Is she really that much better than me that John would rather spend his time with her? Am I just useless to him?

Am I really that ugly that he doesn't love me as much as he used to?

These thoughts washed over her mind like a flood and it hurt more than anything, how could her world crumble apart so fast? How did the love of her life become so hostile, so cruel towards her?

She didn't understand. What did she do to deserve it? What did she say that was wrong? Was she not doing enough? Should she change her looks and hope it'll impress him? To make him love her again? The words Billy had told her rang in her head.

"It's hard to believe that he is a bad person, I'm not going to try to convince you...but you know it Ashley."

"Is he really?" Ashley quietly asked herself. It was hard for her to accept the fact that Billy was right, along with Daniel, along with anyone who had met John that she knows. The love of her life was cruel and harsh, but she couldn't imagine a life without him.

Her life, was him.

The more she thought about it the more her heart hurt, "They're wrong, they have to be...John loves me. He does." She tried to convince herself but it wasn't working. Talking to herself wasn't working.

Her phone buzzed and she looked at the new text that she got. The number didn't have a caller ID.

UNKNOWN
———————

"LOVE! It's Marco, I had to steal ur number from Jack"
Sent at 7:22 p.m

"Lol hey, and that's fine I was expecting you to do that eventually"
Read at 7:23 p.m

"Yup, Danny also gave me your address sooooo can you open the door? I got snacks"
Sent at 7:23 p.m
"Also people are with me rn. Sorryyyy"
Sent at 7:24 p.m

Ashley smiled softly at the text before sighing and getting out of her bed, she opened the door and instantly got bombarded with hugs and cheek kisses.

"It's been forever! Well, I don't know how long exactly it's been, I don't keep track of days. But hi! We're here!" Marco smiled and Hugged Ashley abruptly, and tightly.

She let them in and closed the door behind them as they started to lay out all the snacks that they brought, "Okay, you see all of this? It's mine. Got it?" Danny told Jack who pouted at him.

"I bought those, so technically they're mine." He retorted.

Marcus set his bag on the kitchen table, "Technically we all decided that whichever snack Ashley wanted that we would give to her, so it doesn't matter which one is yours." He stated which caused both guys to complain.

Ashley watched the two fight over candy with a small smile before Marco led her to the couch and sat down with her, "I'm sorry for coming unannounced, but we just wanted to hang out with you for a bit. Jack and Danny told me you left work early today and as soon as I got back in town I had to check on you." Looking over her fourth outfit change of the day, Marco could sense she wasn't okay, not in the overly oversized Jersey, five year old shorts that need to be thrown out and Winnie the Pooh socks.