8

Staring at her boss, he just stares back.

Refusing to talk, Ashley just sits there. I am not talking. I will not tell him anything. She bites the inside of her cheek to stop her from talking. Her foot taps the floor nervously.

"Ashley, if you don't start talking I swear to god..."

"Why are you even concerned? Why do you care?" Pushing at him with her words, Ashley prays he will let this go and go to his office upstairs.

"Why are you bruised up?" He pressed on, completely ignoring her questions.

"Why do you think you need to know." Basically yelling at Gabriel out of fear for herself, she can't help but get nervous and yell. Like a self defense mechanism in her head, it's telling her to yell or run.

Only one of those is an option right now.

"Ashley, I don't like back talking, I don't like sass, and I sure as hell don't like whatever you aren't telling me. As your employer, I am telling you to tell me what the hell happened."

Ashley lowered her head, she started to feel ashamed of herself. "I can't. I can't tell you."

"Why not?"

"I CAN'T TELL YOU!" Yelling at Gabriel fully, Ashley stands and pushes back the chair she was in making it crash into the desk loudly.

Realizing she just yelled at her employer and the man who scares everyone, her hand covers her mouth in complete shock before She books it to the bathroom.

Throwing everything she's had in the past few days up in the toilet bowl. Nerves kick in along with the fear in her head.

John is going to know if I tell. He's going to know.

Throwing up water in her system, everything comes out clearer after having nothing in her stomach to get out of her body.

I can't tell anyone else, I can't tell him. Too many people know.

Coughing harshly, Ashley wipes her face off while crying. Tears fall onto the floor as she corners herself up, fear traces her mind rather harshly, scared of everything that has to do with John or her.

He loves me. He only did it once. He was mad. I made him mad. It was my fault anyways. I shouldn't have made him mad. He loves me. John loves me. He tells me that.

"Ashley, please. Calm down. Th-"

"ASHLEY?!" Running into the bathroom, Danny takes one look at the scene and glares at Gabriel. "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?" Marching up to his boss, who glares dagger at him back.

"I did nothing Daniel. Stop assuming things." Gabriel told him before sparing a glance at Ashley.

"WHY THE HELL IS SHE ON THE FLOOR CRYING THEN?" 

"D-Danny...s-stop." Prying her eyes off of her shoes and Danny as tears welled in her eyes, he gives her a heartbreaking look before going on the floor by her.

Hugging her tightly as she cries, Danny doesn't notice Gabriel watching them at all, unlike Ashley who knows he is there, knows that his dark eyes are burning through her with questions.

Pushing his black hair back, Gabriel leaves the bathroom quietly and quickly. Leave Ashley with Danny knowing well that he is going to do better with her, and now that her makeup on her cheek is wiped clean, Danny would be asking about that bruise and he would simply get the answer from his other employee later in the day.

"What the hell did he do Ash?" Danny asked, watching Gabriel over his shoulder as the man left.

Ashley shook her head, "N-Nothing. He did nothing Danny I-I promise. I just got-"