The Woods of West Austria

A/N: Yes, hello, apparently I'm just making everyone more likable in this story :P

~~~

Lena found herself standing on a small cobblestone road in the middle of the woods and when she looked around, she saw a tower rising in the distance, deciding since that was the only thing around she'd start that way. As she did, she opened her mind barriers while redoing her bun, as her hair had grown fairly long in the time at the Temple.

"Oh, am I allowed back now? Where are we?"

I'm not exactly sure. I just got the portkey from Dumbledore. I'm sorry I wasn't able to speak to you, but the Temple had a strict policy against communication. Would you like the memories?

Riddle sounded as if he was pouting. "Yes please."

Smiling slightly and moving a hand to brush against the locket, she let her memories flow past her inner mind barrier as she strolled down the path and studied the trees around her as she did.

After a while, Riddle gave a soft hum. "Banning me probably was because I would have had some choice words about how many times they wanted you to die and apparently they don't like that."

Sure. That's why they wanted me to get rid of you. It's not like you reek of dark magic or anything.

"Rude."

Lena chuckled, shaking her head slightly.

I'm glad you're back. I missed being able to hear your voice.

"And I missed hearing yours, my dear."

Her smile was fond as they talked about everything they'd missed in the last month or so, the path sort of calming as it wound through the trees and around what looked like a mountain.

But soon enough the warm air was more than irritating in her winter clothes and she shrugged off her heavy robes in trade for her under-linens, walking barefoot as she carried her nice winter boots.

Riddle teasing her about not wanting to bathe in the pools at the Temple nude, she laughed sort of sarcastically, relishing the sound in the air. "Maybe I didn't show you all my memories- Oh, and did I mention they were public bathing spaces?"

"Wait- you didn't- Lena that's not appropriate! You're barely sixteen!"

"Hypocrite!" Her voice was sing-song, laughing as he sputtered. "Those are some big double-standards you got there, Riddle."

He huffed, tone petulant. "You're so mean to me, my love."

Snorting, she swung her boots as she smiled sarcastically. "Darling, if others aren't allowed to see me naked until I'm seventeen because it's not culturally appropriate, then how are you any different?"

"...I love you?"

She rolled her eyes. "You're full of rubbish. If we ever meet in another life, remind me that when we get married, to hold off the Honeymoon for a good twenty years to compensate for our age difference."

"Married? You want... You'd marry me?"

"Darling, of course, we'd get married. I may not want some big white wedding, but that way I can make sure you're stuck with me forever." Her grin was tinted with a bit of bitterness, looking down at the mossy cobblestone. "I think in that other life- you know, the one beyond the stars- I think that we'd probably both end up teaching. Maybe we'd be like Perenelle and Nicolas, with one of us Defence or Charms and the other Potions or Runes."