The Art of the Long Con

Sitting down calmly in her armchair by the fire, she went to open her book but was stopped by a hand. Looking up into Blaise's eyes, their faces only a foot or so apart, she arched an eyebrow. "Yes?"

"You're going to roll up your sleeves and prove to us that you're fine or I'm going to Snape to tell him you're hiding an injury."

"Oh?" Slowly putting her book to the side, she stood, closing most of the distance until her nose brushed his chin, tilting her head to look up at her first friend. "And you think that I cannot deal with my own wounds? Maybe... this is you projecting your worry onto me, wanting to have some reason to take care of me, like how you used to be the only one who could make me smile..."

Dark eyes flickering between her eyes, tongue wetting his lips and pupils dilating, the boy leaned in as if instinctively drawn forward. "I see you, Lena. Even when everyone else only looks skin-deep, I know you best. I have known you the longest, and I will always be here for you."

"Um- Wrong? We know you better than he ever will angel."

"He's quite wrong indeed. After all, for almost all the time he's been friends with you, one of us has been near you- if not in your very head."

With a small smile cresting her lips, she tilted her head slightly, her nose just barely brushing over his chin. "You're not going to get me to reveal anything I don't want to."

"Is that right?"

"Mhmm." Reaching up to smooth her hand across his cheek, she let him lean forward just a bit more, voice soft. "And normally I would give you a reminder of your place, but I think for these extents and purposes a bit of positive punishment would be good... don't you think?"

Obviously reading her mind, he leaned forward, pressing his lips to hers gently before pulling back just enough to look her in the eyes. "Is this-"

Pulling him in again with a soft huff, she clenched her fists in his robes, pressing their lips together before whispering against his lips. "Shut up and kiss me, fool."

Blaise took that as a command, hand tangling in her hair before he proceeded to slowly knock the breath from her lungs, and she wondered faintly why she hadn't done this before as she bit his lip softly and grinned slightly when he groaned softly.

"Angel, precious, this is literally painful."

Sod off, this doesn't include you.

"I think that's the reason we're both so uncomfortable with this."

She pulled back, blinking a few times.

What? Why?

Riddle sighed softly. "Marvolo literally proposed to you earlier today and you still don't get it?"

Marvolo was being sarcastic.

Marvolo snorted softly. "Yes, always, but also no. You're our fated, our angel, our treasure... why in Merlin's name would we want you kissing someone else?"

"Lena?" Blaise looked at her with a small frown, hand smoothing down her shoulder gently as if trying to comfort her. His eyes drifted to the gold chain around her neck, before rising back to her eyes. "Everything alright?"

Pulling him in for another kiss, this one shorter, she gave him a crooked smile. "Wonderful." And then with a wink and a light brush of her hand over his shoulder, she made her way back to her seat, the words carved into her arm obviously forgotten as the room took to gossiping about her 'new relationship'.