Nurmengard Castle, Austria

A/N: I really want this story to be for anyone to imagine what they want for the characters (my own version of characters are pretty fluid and the only real specifications for Lena are green eyes and black hair)But.I also spent a ridiculous amount of time going through the internet to find some type of image that sort of fits the developed character of Lena I have in my mind so I decided to share- though if you want to keep your own mental image that's 100% okay.(The attached picture is my mental image of ✨Lena✨)

~~~

Gellert- as he'd insisted she call him- had neat white hair and a short beard that he must have trimmed himself as he never looked out of place and she was starting to come to have a fond appreciation for the simple but elegant suits he wore. (They'd already had a long conversation about the way that Dumbledore's fashion sense drove them both insane sometimes, leaving their sides hurting for a while even after they'd stopped laughing.)

It was easy to forget who the man was, as it got easier to be around him, finding out that he liked to get up early so he could do yoga (which amused Riddle to no small extent), he loved word puzzles, and that he had the biggest sweet tooth a person could have.

When she couldn't sleep they'd sit in the main room and look out the large windows with the doors letting the cool breeze in even if they both were bundled in blankets with hot chocolate.

He was easy to be around- she'd even caved the other day and asked for him to cut her hair to a fair length so it was easier to manage.

The night before Gellert had wanted some specific sweets from the nearby town and had given her some money to go get them in that town today.

Not sure what was with him trying to get her out of the castle (as that was obviously what it was, what with Mossy able to go get whatever he wanted normally), she just went along with it for the sake of seeing the nearby town.

It was a long walk, but she distracted herself by humming and talking out theories of the book she'd been reading about advanced elemental magic with Riddle.

Fumbling a few times to get the translation spell she'd made Gellert teach her working, she followed the directions he'd told her and found herself in front of a nice little bakery. Speaking in English and hoping it translated, she pointed at a few different sweet pastries that the man had wanted and then smiled sort of awkwardly. "How much?"

Luckily, what she said and what came out of her mouth seemed different- like the German language was different- and the man started to put the pastries in a box. He said something and she sort of heard it twice as if from a translator in her brain. "Thirty-five shillings."

"Alright. One second." Digging out the coins Gellert had given her, she parsed through them and found the right ones, setting them on the counter and giving the man a thin smile when he held out the box. "Thanks."

When the man grunted slightly and then moved back into the store, she shook her head slightly, walking back to the main path so she could stare at the long walk ahead of her.

"I hate him. It's official."

"Why not apparate?"

Lena gave a small smile at that, her voice a murmur. "I would say you're a genius, but we both know that beginners shouldn't try to go long distances like that without practice, even if I know all the theory."

"So then practice. Think of a point just a bit down the path, then slightly further until you feel confident enough to apparate to the bridge."

Mulling this over, she sighed slightly and nodded. "If I ruin his pastries then I'll have Mossy get new ones later." Waiting until she was far enough from the town to be out of sight, she stopped and imagined one of the twists down the road not too far.