Why Not Be Reborn?

A/N: More Tom, some foreshadowing, and Ginny having absolutely no chill

~~~

The Slytherins were in a state of turmoil.

Lena knew that it wasn't them doubting her, as they all knew she was smart enough and had the magic to back it up... but she got the vague impression much of the house kind of viewed her as almost a sort of motherly or sisterly figure as she was always there to look out for them even if their own families wouldn't.

Ginny and some of the younger students who'd become more attached to her as they'd come into the house under her guidance were almost in hysterics at the beginning, and with great reluctance, she called a day off.

For the next day, the halls and passageways of the castle were barren of any Slytherin.

Not for breaks, nor classes, nor quidditch, nor meals did they come out.

Instead, they all talked and ate and read as a group.

Lena and the older students helped small groups with essays or questions or even casting spells, taking breaks to talk with friends, and sometimes even falling into short naps.

The Common Room was their escape for the day, taking this time to be with everyone as they reassured each other that even as this was a house for the school, it was also the house of their family.

At least the school was mostly okay with her.

Most of the Hufflepuffs that hadn't been swayed by her swear (or didn't know what it meant) had been swayed by Diggory and most of the Ravenclaws knew enough to know she wasn't lying. The Durmstrang students knew her and had easily accepted her swear, but a majority of the Gryffindors and Beauxbatons students thought she was essentially a lying fame-seeking worm.

The Weasley twins had made it clear that they supported her, setting off a firework that colored Karkaroff's hair Slytherin green and silver (to which the Durmstrang students in particular enjoyed) the breakfast Slytherin came out of their 'day off', and the Beauxbatons champion named Fleur Delacour had also been very supportive.

Though her mood darkened when during lunch of the fourth day after the Goblet of Fire had spit out her name, she found a wide-spread group of people wearing badges that read: Support CEDRIC DIGGORY, the REAL Hogwarts Champion!

Most of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw were just looking at the few people that were wearing the badges with mild disgust, but she could feel the Slytherins' mood growing fouler as the meal went on, the French students and the Gryffindors babbling loudly about how 'she was a lying cheat' and 'a fame-greedy bint'.

One Ravenclaw girl and the boy that she was hanging off, however, seemed to be the last straw. "I just don't understand. She should be stripped of her magic rather than be able to compete!"

With a noise of pure outrage, Ginny sprung up from her seat, seeming to forget she was able to use a wand as she tackled the girl, punching her cleanly across the face.

"Ginevra Molly Weasley!" She stood, her voice laced with ice, echoing across the hall and the girl froze as well as the rest of the house that had just a second ago looked as if they were ready to join the girl. Walking over with sharp steps echoing on the stone, she stopped in front of the girl and crossed her arms. "What in the name of Salazar Slytherin do you think you are doing!"

"She shouldn't have said that. No one should say that." The girl's mask was defiant, but her eyes betrayed apprehension, as if afraid of what Lena would think of her.