Why Not Dream Of Dark-haired Teenage Boys?

A/N: Anyway, who wants some answers about Jack?
^-^
Also- WARNING: minor character death and implied/referenced child abuse
(please be safe lovelies and read at your own risk)

~~~

There was a white chair in the middle of the Great Hall, clear pieces of glass floating above it in a circle. Lena took note of this and the layout of the large stands around the edges of the expanded Great Hall with the judges' table up at the very front where the white chair was facing. Walking through the tables of people, she followed Fluer and the others up to stand in the space next to the white chair.

"Hello everyone!" Ludo Bagman, with his usual wide toothy smile, stepped down from the platform at the head of the Hall with his wand amplifying his voice. "Today is the day of the second task, a task of mental and emotional ability!"

Viktor elbowed her and she raised an eyebrow at him, unamused, as the other champions smiling at her teasingly.

Sure. Make fun of the emotionally handicapped.

"Light teasing darling. I am sure if you really felt offended they would be living on spare time."

Lena snorted softly, but she couldn't really find a good response to Riddle's faith in her unrelenting wrath.

Bagman continued. "Each champion, in the order of their riddle, will be given a potion that will then put them in a dreamscape! This dream will contain four elements, four emotions that are the answer to the clues given. Champions?"

They had talked over the riddles extensively before finally coming to the solid conclusion that they were emotions, though how that would translate to the actual task none of them had any idea.

Fleur spoke up, her voice soft echoing through the hall. "Sadness, fear, love, and happiness."

Nodding excitedly, Bagman clapped slightly. "Exactly! You will have to face your worst and be able to leave your best! But I assure you, should you need to get out of the dreamscape, there will be a red button in the dream that if pressed will immediately have our healers administering the antidote! If pressed, you will lose points, same with staying in a room longer than ten minutes. The glass panels, of course, will also show us the dreamscape from an outside perspective and project any sound made so we can see what you're going through! Now first up is Viktor Krum!"

This should be fun...

Riddle snorted. "Should I be worried?"

Depends. Probably not.

"Color me worried then."

Viktor's first room was a child's bedroom made up of pinks and purples, and Fleur leaned over to softly tell her that the boy's younger sister had died when they were young because of dragon pox. The second room was of a man (assumedly his father) yelling at him that he would never amount to anything because of his grades, the third of a woman that he called 'baba' and the fourth... was the Slytherin Common Room with her, Fleur, Cedric, the Court, and the Durmstang boys all sitting around the fire with butterbeer and wide smiles as they talked aimlessly.

She could almost understand why he passed his time limit by five minutes before his mental version of herself turned to him with a small but fond smile and told him that he knew that he had to go and that they'd be there when he opened up his eyes.

When he did, well Viktor had himself to blame when they all gave him long hugs.

If Lena had expected something out of Cedric's dreams, she was not expecting his first room to be of her in the silvery dress and crown with sad eyes, telling him gently that they were nothing more than friends.