Jersey City Hall, New Jersey

A/N: I posted the last chapter again on accident because my brain is mush, rip Mango 2021
Also... you're going to hate me for this chapter :}

~~~

It started with a white dress.

It was a simple satin dress that went down to her mid-calf and flowed when she walked, sleeves of lace covering her shoulders and arms. Elegant and easy to love, just like the comfortable 'kitten heels' that Cindy had insisted she borrow.

White, it seemed was the one color that Riddle wanted and though Cindy and Wednesday had tried to get him to change his mind multiple times over the last month or so, he hadn't budged and Lena hadn't minded enough to try to change his mind (as she was the one person that probably could).

Riddle (or Tom, as she had been trying to call him now that he was here with her, always lingering nearby with some sort of light contact between them) was dragged away by Lowan and Pugsley, looking back as if trying to keep her in eyesight for as long as possible.

Gomez and Fester and the rest of the boys were going to throw him a sort of 'bachelor party' while she hung out with the girls, neither of them going to see the other until the next morning, and she knew he was probably regretting having a corporeal form that could be separated from her. But he and Gomez at least got along quite well as Tom had been more than willing to let his competitive nature come out via sword fighting upon their first meeting.

Lena did spend a good portion of the night worrying about the next day, but eventually, Wednesday just hit her with a pillow and told her to stop thinking so hard, Cindy grinning as she brought out a bottle of firewhiskey.

(Thank the gods Morticia was there to supervise their chaos.)

And that... was how she ended up here.

Sitting in the back of the black hearse with all her friends murmuring in excitement, Lena just kept silent and with her eyes closed, hands folded in her lap so she didn't mess up her makeup or the dress- or anything, really. Fighting the discomfort of being separated from the locket- from the comfort of Tom's voice in her head- she just focused on the idle conversation around her. 

Antonia and Imani were discussing how well the golem worked, Cindy redoing Kylie's hair, and Wednesday was sitting at her side silently seeming also lost in thought.

A hand reached over, fingers twinning in hers and her eyes opened to meet Wednesday's dark almost-black ones. She tilted her head just slightly in question.

"I feel like... I'm going to lose you." Wednesday's voice was barely a whisper.

Lena held the warm hand, squeezing it just slightly. "I'm here now." She couldn't reassure the girl she would stay, nor that she'd be safe, nor that in the end... she wouldn't lose her. So she didn't say any of those things.

There was a moment where Wednesday looked as if she was going to say something, but then shook her head, taking her hand back in a way that Lena knew was just her trying to protect herself.

When the hearse stopped, the door was opened to the cold air and when the girls all piled out in their lovely dresses (which were all shades of black and charcoal grey because this was an Addams wedding after all), Lena stepped into the cold night.

And then stopped.

Holding up a hand to catch a small snowflake, she tilted her head back to watch the snow that had just started to spiral to the ground.

How beautiful.

Her thoughts went unanswered, but she didn't mind as much, because when she looked forward she knew that her soulmate was waiting for her inside the heavy wooden doors of the large marble courthouse. So when Wednesday held out the bouquet of different flowers and herbs that grandmama had made to symbolize the everlasting love between her and Tom, she took it without hesitation.