The Art of Finding The Lost

A/N: So um have some hurt/comfort- but backward- comfort and fluff... and then I'm going to punch you in the feelings. ^-^ Best Fun.

~~~

Dear Lena,

Summer has been quite tiring- I find myself wishing you had stayed here, though I understand why you left.

Lady Malfoy was over recently with Lady Greengrass and they all got drunk and I had to listen to an hour long conversation on how 'pretty' you were, so if you ever doubt that people like you, just ask one of them to take you shopping. Sheesh.

I hope you're studying, as we have our OWLs this next year and I know half of Slytherin is going to try to pick your brains as soon as we get back.

Also, Theo says 'hi' and wanted you to know he's staying with me this summer because he got tired of Malfoy Sr. In fact Draco's over here more than not too, as he's tired of having to play host to this new politician that's apparently taking the Wizengamot by storm- Gaunt or something.

Blaise Zabini.

Dearest Zucchini,

Sorry about my sudden trip, but I needed to take a break. I think the Dark Lord will soon come back into (some amount of) power, but while I'm studying with the Flamels, I'm also looking for a way to try to stop him.

I hope that everyone is doing alright- are you talking to Janus?

I've been getting a wonderful tan, as Perenelle says it's a travesty to not be out when it's sunny, but Severus always looks like a vampire because he burns easily and carries around a black umbrella. I think it's hilarious along with the Flamels, but he says that I'm 'insolent' and 'a brat', which I suppose is nothing new :)

My Gringotts account manager is sending me books through linked bags that he thinks would interest me on Severus' request, so as well as getting to learn from a new culture and have a private tutor, I'm doing alright with my learning.

Say hello to the boys for me, as I know anything I say to Theo will inevitably get to Daphne who will tell Ginny- and hug Draco for me. Politicians are never great guests and I feel his pain, especially as I know Mr. Gaunt likes to play mind games.

~Lena

Perenelle taught her and Severus about anything they could think of- her and Lena having spent the last week on warding and special obscure runes, Perenelle advising that she should take up drawing- while Nicolas had them running dueling drills, teaching her battlefield medicine spells, but Saturdays were always a break (something about the seventh day of the week being sacred).

Severus usually disappeared to go find somewhere dark that had books so he could brood without her or the Flamels getting in the way of his reading or potion making and Nicolas was likely to be absorbed into his carvings all day, so she usually found herself walking the streets of Paris with Madame Flamel.

The sun was out, the light silk clothing she had on thankfully keeping her from sweating, but she didn't speak up or ask for a cooling charm as she walked next to the woman through the small marketplace.

She knew that Perenelle had been told by her husband about the night on the balcony and wanted to ask about it, that much was obvious, but she was almost afraid of touching the conversation.

So instead she occupied herself with looking through a small vendor's shop of pretty metalwork.

As she moved further into the magically expanded stall, a man walked past, bumping into her and she felt a comfortable heat bloom where his shoulder had made contact with her. Pausing, stunned by the feeling of warmth and safety, she turned- only to find the man had disappeared.