Chapter 8

"It's about time you showed up, Wong. We have been waiting for you. I'm freaking out." Jaehyun paced a bit back and forth as the dinner filled with wolves from their own pack and Mingyu's. The alpha of the Shadow pack was sweating.

"Sorry Jeon. We can't exactly find Chenle right now." Behind him scurried Haechan carrying a few dishes, but his face was stricken with anxiety. Taeyong reached out and grabbed his hand walking him towards the kitchens. Small whimpers could be heard from the omega.

Jaehyun looked at Lucas, "What do you mean you can't find him?" Lucas looked around, hoping his son would just pop out somewhere. "I don't know. I checked everywhere but I can't find him or smell him." Jaehyun started to worry, but a hand landed on his shoulder.

"Nice dinner so far Jeon. Throwing all of this for us?" Johnny laughed, while Mingyu shook Jaehyun's hand. "Sorry. Someone doesn't have any proper manners."

Jaehyun looked at the three wolves that stood in front of him. Mingyu scanned the area, trying to find a certain wolf. While Johnny wrapped his arm around a smaller alpha wolf, who clearly looked uncomfortable.

That wolf made him uneasy.

"Well I'm glad that everything is to your liking gentleman. We will be eating soon. Please enjoy yourself. Our omega's worked hard." Jaehyun excused himself as he tried to get away from the crowd. He always hated dinners and parties.

~~~
"But I don't want to wear it! What's wrong with my normal clothes?" Jaemin crossed his arms as Wooyoung rolled his eyes. "Because you dress like a homeless rogue! What if there are cute wolves here?"

Jaemin rolled his eyes this time. "I don't care about "cute" wolves. No one can tie me down!" Jaemin giggled as he took off the sweater that his mom told him to wear for tonight.

Wooyoung sighed, "Well I'm not the one that's gonna be in trouble then. And you shouldn't think that Jaemin. You are an omega."

Jaemin giggled, "So? I'm proud to be an omega! But that doesn't mean I want an alpha to tell me what to do! Simple!"

A knock sounded at the door, "Come on you two! Dinner is about to start!" Jimin walked with a nervous JiHoon behind him. "But.. what if...I think I left something in my room!"

JiHoon turned to walk back to his room, but Jimin stopped him. "No way! You are going to face Mingyu. He is your mate and I'm sure he has been worried sick." JiHoon whimpered as Jimin grabbed his hand towards the large dining hall.

It was time for dinner.

~~~~~

"If I could have everyone's attention." Jaehyun stood up with his glass of wine. "I would like to thank everyone for sharing this meal with us..um.. we are happy to be making this our first treaty with another neighboring pack."

Mingyu raised his glass as well, "Likewise." The other wolves in the dining hall raised their glasses and cheered with the alphas. Jaehyun took a huge gulp of his drink, noticing his son bringing in his new found mate.

Taeyong smelled Yuta getting closer to his seat, thus grabbing his mate's leg under the table. "Be nice Jae." Jaehyun sighed, "I will Yongie."

Yuta pulled out the chair for Sicheng, smiling at the omega's wide eyes at the gesture. "Thank you alpha..."

"You don't have to call me that Sicheng...please.."

The boy giggled as Yuta sat down next to his father, Sicheng on his side next to Jaemin. Jaemin looked at this new omega next to him. "Who are you?"

Sicheng looked at the small boy who stared at him with bright blue eyes. "Um...I'm Sicheng.."

Jaemin stared, "And who are you to my brother?" Sicheng got bright red as Yuta glared at Jaemin. "Jaemin. Stop."