Chapter 15

Weeks went by as the wolves of the shadow pack were at their wits end. The intensity in the air had been present all week, with little to no sign of it leaving. The weather was quick to match the scene as the wind blew hard and the sun had disappeared from the sky. The old wooden porch squeaked a bit as the taller wolf stepped on to it.

The head wolf looked up, viewing the dark clouds that covered the sun. He couldn't remember the last time he saw it. He couldn't remember the last time there was a reason for it to show itself. He raised his beer up to his lips, loving the burn of the alcohol as it ran down his throat.

Taeyong would probably say that he shouldn't be drinking as much as he had been. The fights were signs that he should probably stop. But why should he? It made him feel better. He just wanted to have this dread lifted from his shoulders.

"I knew you would be out here..." The sound of the sliding door opened and then shut as Jaehyun laughed at the new presence. "I knew you would come find me."

Taeyong laughed a bit as he gracefully wrapped his arms around Jaehyun, taking his bottle out of his hand. "And I knew you would have this with you." Jaehyun sighed, "Yeah. But I don't want to talk about it Yongie. It helps-"

Taeyong giggled, "Jae, I know. I'm tired of fighting about it. But I don't like the smell that you are giving off lately. It is hurting me and the boys." Jaehyun shut his eyes slowly, "It's just everything Taeyong. The pressure of everything is weighing me down. I haven't seen my brother this upset in a long time. On top of that, it is hurting my mother to see him so upset."

Taeyong rubbed his mate's back, trying to comfort him as much as he could. "I just...I am supposed to be in charge right? Why is everything going to shit?" Jaehyun knew that Taeyong had heard this all before and he knew it. But Taeyong was always there to listen if he needed to complain or to talk. He was a great listener.

"Jaehyun, I know you think that this is all your burden to carry, but it really isn't. Haechan is not upset with you. He is upset with himself. No one is blaming you and once this gets figured out, I promise everything will be okay..."

Taeyong grabbed Jaehyun's hand, "Because you are wonderful Jae. And your boys love you." Jaehyun looked at Taeyong who was smiling, like always. "I know we talked Yongie about having another-" Taeyong shushed his mate as he started to ramble. "Now is not the time for that talk. Now I am going to drag one of your sons out of the house before he starts to nest outside of his room! I don't know what has gotten into that boy."
Jaehyun watched as Taeyong made his way back inside the home, a smile immediately coming to his face. He loved Taeyong and his pups.

~~~~~

Lucas felt sick, just like every morning when he woke up. Even though his eyes had opened, he felt like he hadn't slept at all. Usually in the mornings, he woke up alone. Haechan had been sleeping with Chenle in his room almost every night, so Lucas slept alone. He was getting used to the cold spot next to him.

For some reason, he wasn't alone this morning. The alpha could sense that someone was beside him, their body pressed up as tightly beside him as it could. Lucas groaned a small bit as he turned to see his son curled up in a tight ball, shivering a bit from his blankets falling off.

Lucas was startled by this. It was very unusual for Chenle to sleep or stay in the same room as his father lately. He didn't know if it was really Chenle's fault or his own. He hated seeing his son like this.

Chenle's eyes were dark, having lost their brightness. Dark circles didn't help as they also surrounded them. The boy was thinner than usual, having to be forced to eat. Lucas didn't want to believe it. Jungkook basically strangled him trying to get him to understand.