Chapter 9

The outside air was chilling, but that wasn't the only thing that was making JiHoon shiver. The smell that was coming off of his mate was sour and he was not only nervous, but kind of scared. JiHoon stood in front of his alpha who was pacing back and forth. Mingyu ran his hand through his hair. "JiHoon. Your smell..."

"I know.."

Mingyu turned and looked at his mate who was shivering. "You know. But still you have not told me." JiHoon looked up at Mingyu who was staring him down like a hawk would its prey. "I was..scared to tell you."

Mingyu scoffed, "Why? You didn't smell like this before you stormed off. Omega if I find out that this pup inside of you is not mine-"

The intense sour smell became worse as Mingyu started to overthink things. "No! Mingyu I would never-"

"Then why were you scared to tell me? Why have you been hiding from me for weeks, refusing to come home, and making me worried sick about you?" JiHoon could feel a tear slowly make its way down his face, "I...I knew you would be mad at me..."

Mingyu glared at his mate, who felt even smaller than he actually was. "Mad at you? JiHoon, I am furious."

Jihoon looked up at Mingyu with wide eyes, "What-"

"You know I didn't want pups. We aren't ready. I can barely give you enough attention because of my position. I just..."

"Just what Mingyu? Don't want the pup? That's not how this works. I am excited to start a family with you. And it kills me that you hate the idea of that. If you loved me, you would support me. I need you more than ever, but you can't have me without our pup."

JiHoon turned to leave. He was starting to feel ill, but Mingyu stopped him. "We aren't finished yet, Omega." JiHoon whimpered at the stronghold on his wrist. "Alpha, you are scaring me."

Suddenly Mingyu broke. He didn't notice the tears that were now falling. "JiHoon...I'm...I'm scared too..." JiHoon watched as his alpha crumbled. He slowly wrapped his arms around his waist.

"I know...but we can do this..." Mingyu nuzzled into JiHoon's neck, "I just missed you....and you weren't there when I needed comfort or someone to talk to..." JiHoon kissed the alpha's temple, "I'm sorry Mingyu...it just hurt when you didn't stand up for me in front of those other wolves."

Mingyu whimpered, "You didn't give me a chance. I ripped off three wolves' heads..." JiHoon gasped and swatted Mingyu's head, "No you did not.." Mingyu giggled a bit, "I'm kidding...only two."
JiHoon squeezed Mingyu harder, "I'm sorry Mingyu, but I know you didn't want pups and I didn't know how you would react."

Mingyu sighed, "Well if that means I have to lose you, then I guess I will get over it." JiHoon giggled as Mingyu picked him up, "Come on, I have to get back inside before something bad happens. It is a Jeon's party afterall."

Mingyu smiled on the outside, but inside he couldn't shake his wolf's anger.

~~~~~

Jaehyun was talking with his father when he heard his son yelling for him. He turned around with a worried look.

"Jaemin! What happened?" The boy was shaking and out of breath as his father picked him up, still shaken up from seeing Chenle beaten so badly.

"Rogue...in the woods...wants Bubba's boyfriend!" Jaehyun could tell his son was trying not to cry, and he himself could feel his anger rising.

He was supposed to be the Alpha, and his pack was falling apart in a single night.

"Yuta!" The younger alpha slowly made his way to his father, his mate following close behind.