unlock it, etc. || tiger dancer

{fluff}

request xmoveimgay , DEATHBLOOMS_ , whoever else asked bc i forgor 💀

source: Zootopia
-
It was a weird kind of cohabitation, especially between a pack animal like a wolf and a solitary creature like a tiger. You two made it work as best as you could, but sometimes the space Kiba gave you was WAY too much.

You were affectionate, even by a wolf's standards. A bit too clingy, a bit too snuggly - that's what every single ex of yours had to say whenever asked about what they couldn't stand about you. Kiba hadn't said anything about it so far, but that's only because you'd been copying him, going by how often he cuddled and how often he gave out affection. It was a bit stressful, having to watch out for that just in case you overstepped any boundaries, but at the same time you didn't want to talk to him about it. You didn't want to seem clingy.

It was hard to think about and made you want to pull out your fur so you simply went along with the flow of Kiba's attention output.

Which was hard because he seemed to bounce off yours.

These thoughts ran through your head all day, making you want to chase your tail in circles just to do something simply and mindless and none stressful, but you definitely didn't want to do something so embarrassing in front of your boyfriend. You'd always heard that felines were really dignified and thought canines were dumb brutes. You didn't want to prove any of Kiba's internal biases right.

Kiba was out at work, doing promotional shoots for Gazelle's new album. You, on the other hand, were working from home and doing things with financial analysis spreadsheets. You were usually pretty good at it, it wasn't like it was hard exactly, but today was just not your day. Your brain ached every time you looked at your laptop screen and the migraine wouldn't go away no matter how much water and pain reliever you took. Your only reprieve would probably be taking a nap, which you didn't want to take because the spreadsheet was due tomorrow. You walked towards the kitchen to grab another glass of water, hoping this one would ease the migraine a little bit more. Your eyes naturally trailed over to the couch. God, it looked so comfy.

You grabbed the water, taking a sip before heading back to your workspace on the balcony. Your eyes trailed, once more, to the couch. It almost seemed to be calling your name, tempting you with fluffy new pillows and nicely stuffed cushions. A 20 minute nap wouldn't be so bad, you reasoned, setting a timer on your phone for 20 minutes before curling up on the couch.

Those 20 minutes was not supposed to turn into 6 hours. You'd absolutely conked out, drool staining the uncomfortable decorative pillow. The only reason you'd woken up was because of what happened when Kiba had come home and saw you splayed out on the couch like some kinda decorative pelt. He hadn't been able to stop the fond smile that bloomed on his face and padded over to give you a soft pet on the head.

At the time you'd been half asleep, drowsily grabbing onto his strong forearm with an easily shooable grip. And yet he still stopped and looked at you.

"Mmmmff ,,," you'd groaned, your tongue feeling thick in your mouth. After such a cute display, who was Kiba to say no? And now you were stuck in your boyfriend's strong grip as he snoozed away, holding you tightly to his chest. Considering how dark it was outside, you were definitely way past your deadline, something your boss would literally chew you out for. Your wide and nervous eyes darted from outside, to the barely readable clock, to Kiba's peacefully snoozing face.

You didn't want to wake him - he looked so comfortable - but you really had to work. Even if you submitted it late, at least you wouldn't be a no show. You wiggled, gently at first to make sure Kiba wouldn't wake up, and then rougher so you could actually get out of his vice grip. The feline, however, didn't plan on letting you go, a slinking eye sliding open to peer down at the top of your head. He squeezed you a bit tighter, making your whole body freeze as a deep rumble started in his chest, gently shaking your brain. 

"What's the rush, puppy?" Your hackles raised at the deep timbre of his voice, muscles stiff as you tensed. You hadn't expected him to wake up so easily, but he was a predator - you should've known he woke up quickly. Your (e/c) eyes glanced up at him through your lashes, face heating up and making you swelter hotly under your fur as he continued to look at you with that lazy gaze, a deep chuckle reverberating through his chest. 

"Weren't you the one who wanted to cuddle in the first place," he teased, making you pout in embarrassment. He'd known all along that you were running yourself ragged trying to figure out how to be affectionate without going overboard. You halfheartedly glared at him, Kiba just giving his coy kitty smile as you snuggled you closer. 

"Don't worry about your work - I'm sure youre boss will give you some leeway if I persuade him with some free Gazelle tickets." 

"Whatever, jerk," you bit back, the jab losing all semblance of threat as it was interjected by a yawn, Kiba's gentle warmth enticing you back into drowsiness. The tiger purred, the rumbling making you tremble in your skin just right. His muzzle pressed against your temple as he gave you a gentle kiss, whiskers tickling your ear. 

"Next time just ask," he muttered before falling silent, eye slipping shut. Easy for him to say, you complained to yourself as you snuggled deeper into his comforting scent, his fur soft and silky. Though, it couldn't hurt to try. 

~

this is short and lame but i lost inspiration for this like a decade ago in my youngin years so just have this half baked gay furry domestic dream