cafe date|| tiger dancer

wolf!reader

[fluff]

source: Zootopia

requested by bunnys321

~

You scratched behind an ear, looking around the crowded mall area in search of anybody who could be your date. Your friend had set you up on a blind date to celebrate your birthday that happened not too long ago, much to your chagrin. He'd said you'd love it, and while you commended him for trying, you were more likely than not going to get married to your poster of Gazelle or something. You just weren't dating material, and nobody really fit your standards.

"(Y/n?)" The voice brought you out of your train of thought, ears perking as you glanced in the direction of it. At first you were confused, met with a muscular chest covered in a simple dark grey button up, until your gaze trailed upwards to meet cheerful amber eyes. Your jaw dropped as you immediately recognized him. No wonder your friend was off the walls excited to set you up with this date.

"Y-Yeah, that's me." You would've cringed at your stutter, but you were too busy admiring the tiger before you. He was tall and so handsome and there was NO WAY you were going on a blind date with one of Gazelle's back up dancers. You couldn't embarrass yourself in front of someone so famous! You'd rather jump off the tallest skyscraper in Zootopia. But the tiger didn't give you much of a chance to decline. Linking his arm with yours, he dragged you towards the StarBucks on the complete opposite side of the mall. You didn't really frequent StarBucks, since the baristas were always really hot and you'd get too nervous to talk, but your date seemed right at home as he walked in with you in tow.

"Stephanie!" A kudu barista turned around, a wry grin on her face when she caught sight of you. She grabbed a plastic cup and, pen ready in hand, turned to your date.

"How come you always bring your new snags here. StarBucks isn't exactly the most romantic spot." A low rumble came from the tiger's chest and he pulled you a bit closer into his broad side, although he did leave some breathing room.

"Aw come on, I just want my dates to feel comfortable. Being alone with a predator you don't know isn't exactly calming." You could've said the same for him. You were an adult wolf, not a pup. He could've at least pretended to be intimidated by you a little at first glance. You tried to keep your indignant bristling to a minimum: you had to give the tiger props for his thoughtful consideration.

The kudu - Stephanie, you assumed - took the tiger's order (his usual, by the looks of it) and then looked over to you expectantly. You froze and started to sputter. You hadn't seen a StarBucks menu in ages and wasn't sure what to order. You felt the tiger nudge you closer to him and look down at you. You glanced upwards at him, and his kind brown eyes instantly made you feel calmer. You could've stared in his eyes forever had Stephanie not cleared her throat.

"You okay over there? I didn't mean to put you on the spot or anything, sorry." You shook your head, getting even more embarrassed. You thought for a bit, chin in your paw, before you turned to the tiger.

"What do you recommend?"

You could've sworn his ears perked up the slightest bit more and his chest puffed out the slightest bit farther. It was cute. He asked you a few questions about what foods you liked, how you usually did your coffee at home if you drank it, and stuff like that. You answered as best you could and thankfully, it was enough for the huge tiger to go off of.

"I think my date will have a (coffee), Steph." The kudu nodded and wrote that down, before realizing she forgot names.

"What's your date's name, Kiba?" You froze, completely forgetting that other people had names. Kiba fit him perfectly, and he looked down at you with the same hidden mortification of forgetting to properly introduce himself.