Chapter 7 (Edited)

Hi guys! i finally got my groove back into writing, i am so happy and i hope you guys are doing great and staying healthy. I was so happy with this chapter as the storyline of this chapter came to me so fast, hope you guys like it as well.

Now on with the story!

Brandon's POV

After I was done with work, the sun was setting down. I quickly took my stuff and went to the Botanical Cafe that was nearby my workplace and looked for my dad and Jaden. I didn't see them at first until I heard someone calling my name, I looked behind me and saw dad waving his hand to me.

I walked over to the table they were at and tried to calm myself down at the same time, for what conversation that was about to be unleashed upon me.

"Hey Lil bro, how was work?" Jaden asked me.

"You know, same old, same old," I replied.

I sat down for a while and dad ordered us drinks, but I also saw that he had a worried expression his face.

"So...what is this about?" I asked Dad and Jaden.

They looked at each other before dad started to talk. "Brandon...About that day. Please tell me that "That day" wasn't about Allie."

I sighed. "Dad... I really don't want to talk about it"

"Brandon, you overdosed yourself, we have to talk about it someday," Jaden said to me.

"Well, there is nothing to talk about, I overdose with my meds by accident, i accidentally went over my recommended prescription and...wait?" I faced dad. "Did you tell Allie? I mean does she know that I..."

"Nope, your mom didn't want me to tell her and told me to tell Trent the same thing." dad explained.

Then our drinks finally came and dad ordered me a soda can and with a glass cup, i went and open the can soda and pour the soda into the glass cup that they gave and i watched the soda fizzled in the glass cup. All I could do now is to look at the reflection in my drink once the soda stopped fizzing in the cup to see a weak, pathetic shell of a man, who did the dumbest thing ever for someone.

"Good that you didn't tell her, she would probably think I'm weak and pathetic anyway," I said to them while still looking at my reflection.

"No, you're not! To be honest, I can understand why your mom was angry at me when I let Trent beat you up. But it was out of my hands, Trent was stressed that he lost so many people in his life and then when Allie disappeared the second time and when you called her the playboy's Tramp, he kinda went rogue and just listened to his own anger. You need to understand that Brandon. You kinda deserve it when you said that to her."

"Yeah, I know and I did."

"Good... Well, that day when you..." dad paused and couldn't say anything.

"When I overdose? I was angry at myself, yes I did deserve it for calling her that but...just nevermind. I don't want to talk about it right now."

Dad then rubs me on my back, trying to comfort me but it didn't help. All I wanted to do is just cry...Like literally that is all I wanted to do but I can't, not in front of everyone here, especially not in front of my dad.

"Son, I know it's also about how Allie broke up with you for that guy and if you did want to talk about it, you know that your family is always here for you. Me, your mom, Renee, Jaden. We'll be here for you okay?..." he then paused again and sighed. "I know that somehow I should have talked to you about how you were feeling when she broke with you or even before that when you guys had that fight and me being mad at you was just...an instinct and I know that saying that I will always be here for you even though I let Trent beat you up" he paused for a while. "what am I saying?!"