Chapter 24

Hayden’s POV

I looked at the photo of my daughter-in-law and the more I looked at her, the more she seems to look quite familiar to me, she looks like someone that i have met before.

“Dad, have you met her before?” Jaden asked me.

“Well, i have met someone that looks similar to her when i was in college. I went to a party and saw this beautiful Japanese girl and i remembered when we saw each other, we then started talking and suddenly, she had to go somewhere quickly.

“Oh really? Was this before you met Maya?” Toby’s father Trent asked

“Yeah, actually, I met Maya at that party too.”

“You met mom at that party too?"

“Yeah”

I saw Jaden’s face and his expression change from confusion to him looking like he just realised something.

"So you met a girl that looks like her at a party before you met mom?"

"Yeah"

“Umm, dad, i kinda forgot to tell you this because once you said that you met a japanese girl at a party, i forgot that both Risa's mom and mom told the same story at the reception in the Cafe we were in.

"Risa's mom and your mom?! They told you about this story? They met before?! Wait how does Risa's mom know about that story?"

"That is because, Risa's mom is the beautiful Japanese girl you met that party in college." Jaden said and i was shocked of that information.

I can hear both Trent and Detroit started chuckling and laughing.

“Ooo, so the girl you met at that party is your son's mother-in-lae and your wife have met each other? Does Maya know about this girl?” Detroit asked.

“Well, I don't think so.” I said while panicking abit, I don't know what Maya would think if she knew about that girl i met at the party.

“Dad, do you know who Risa's mother is right?"

“Yeah, is the girl I met at the party.”

“Which you thought and said looked beautiful at that party, Hayden.” said Detroit and Trent started chuckling.

“Detroit…” I warned him not to mention that.

“Yeah, and she also happens to be Mom’s best friend.”

“What?!” i said shocked again. I saw Toby, Trent and Detroit’s face and they were shocked too from what Jaden said.

“She is your mom’s best friend and my daughter-in-law’s mother?”

“Wow, wait, if Maya knew about this, she wouldn't be angry?” Toby asked Jaden.

“No, mom actually already knows about that party because her friend Sara, that dad met actually told mom about it and also she told mom about dad and said dad would be the guy for her.”

*What?!*

“Wait, what?! So that means this Sara person is the one that set your mom and dad up?” Toby asked

“Yup, they told the story about how mom and dad met at the cafe.”

“Hayden, did you know about this?” Detroit asked me.

“No, i didn’t know that Maya and Sara are best friends, i didn’t know that Sara set me up with Maya.”

“Wait, Maya didn’t mention this all to you before?” Trent asked me. “Or is it because it was a long time ago when you were in college that you kinda forgot about it?”