Chapter 22 (Edited)

Risa's POV

I just couldn't believe this! That Brandon and Allie's break up could have been the reason for Brandon's condition. For his health? For probably withholding himself?

Brandon did tell me that he took Antidepressants probably a few months after his break-up with Allie. Brandon's overdose was because of his depression after he and Allie broke up and then somehow this condition came. Maybe it may be a coincidence or maybe the event of the situation might not be from the break-up. Maybe it was just a stressful position he was in.

After both of the babies had stopped crying, Ryo and Vienna came in to see what was going on, i apologised to them for accidentally waking up their babies and they said it was fine, and they just said they were probably startled by how the babies started crying.

They looked at me with concerned looks in their eyes and asked me what happened but I told them that I would tell them later then I went out of the nursery and asked Brandon if we could talk alone in our room which he nodded and agreed to go into our room with me.

Brandon and I walked inside the room and I closed and locked the door behind us. I sat on the edge of the bed and asked Brandon to sit down with me which he did. I was kinda nervous that I started fidgeting with my fingers.

"Risa? Is something wrong?" He asked me.

"Yes, I wanted to ask you something personal. Is it okay with you?" I asked him back.

"Sure, just tell me what's wrong. I am really worried about you."

"It's about your antidepressant pills and your overdose..."

I saw Brandon had a shocked expression on his face. I think he was kinda shocked about what I wanted to say and just suddenly mentioned it.

"Umm, so what do you want to know?" he asked me curiously.

"Brandon, when did you start taking the antidepressant pills?" I asked him.

"I started taking it after Allie and I broke up, I was feeling kinda depressed after the breakup, and just say I just need to agree to myself that I needed professional help once I started feeling more depressed than before."

"Wait, what do you mean now? Were you depressed before the break-up?"

"Yes, I was. It started when I was 18, but I didn't think it was anything until after my break up with Allie."

"Did Allie know about this?"

"Nope." He shook his head.

*He had depression since he was 18?! But that is when he went to college, Brandon has been feeling this way for 6 years?! And he didn't tell Allie about it?*

"Why didn't you tell Allie about it? Did you tell anyone about it besides me?"

"Yes," he nodded his head. "My mom and my sister and now you," he said while smiling at me but then he stopped smiling. "My dad and brother didn't know about this because they didn't know the reason for my depression or how it started. My mom and sister knew because they were there when I started having depression."

"Oh Brandon, I am so sorry, I wish I could help you in any way, you know if you want to talk about it, you know I will be here for you," I said while holding his hand on one hand.

Brandon looked me in the eyes and I could see that both of his eyes' colour started to change, they changed from light brownish eyes to a little dark brownish reddish eyes.

"Thanks, Risa, I'm really happy that you said that. It's just that I couldn't even tell my dad what was going on with me when I was 18 because I kinda felt ashamed that I didn't help them earlier. And to discover that this was happening and I didn't know."