Chapter 14 (Edited)

Brandon's POV

Well, today is the day. the day that i'm getting married to Risa. When I was still dating Allie, I thought and imagined that I would have married her instead, and we would have a big wedding with all our friends and family there. When she had her incident and we broke up, i thought i would never find anyone like her, i really did love Allie.

But when I met Risa again, all the old feelings I had in high school came back, all the confusion of my feelings towards 2 people I cared about. Which made me ask myself; was I supposed to marry Risa this whole time?

But now seeing myself in the mirror wearing a tux my mom brought me to wear, i just couldn't believe that i am really doing this, that i am really getting married to Risa, my other best friend from high school besides Allie.

I heard a knock on my door, and I heard my mom's voice coming from outside the door.

"Brandon?" She opened the door slightly. "Have you worn your tux yet?" she asked.

"Yeah, just having a problem with the bow tie I guess." I said as I kept fiddling with the bow tie that I can't seem to know how to tie.

Mom came in and helped me. "Yeah, I can see that. Well, your dad didn't know how to tie a bow tie either until I showed him how. I learned to do this by watching my own mother helped my father with this and my brothers too, your uncles."

I looked at mom as she fixed the bowtie so easily while I was struggling with it. "Here you go"

I looked at the mirror in front of me and saw the bowtie mom fixed, it looked great and now I am finally dressed appropriately for my wedding day/eloping day, still unsure what to call this day,Our marriage day? I literally started chuckling and mom looked at me weirdly.

"What's so funny?" mom asked me.

I looked up at her and I smiled. "Oh, nothing. It's just that this whole wedding thing...i just can't believe that i am actually getting married, eversince Allie... I just thought that..."

"I know this is not what you expected Brandon, you really thought you would marry Allie right?"

"Yeah, I did. I also thought that we would have had a couple kids in the future or even a little baby on the way by now, but things change.'' I said while walking to my bed and I sat at the edge looking at mom.

"Brandon? Are you having second thoughts about marrying Risa? Please tell me you are not going to cancel the wedding!"

I looked up at my mom who had an angry expression on her face. "Mom, no. i am not cancelling the wedding because even though i am saying all this now. I have this feeling in my heart that Risa is the one I should have been with... I can't explain it, I feel so warm when she is around and she understands me, she never judges me, she cares for me so much."

"I think she is a keeper." i looked at mom whose expression changed from angry to happy.

"Oh no! I forgot the ring, I didn't buy her a ring!" I said as I stood up quickly now panicking.

"Don't worry, I got you." Mom said as she took out a ring from her pocket and took out her own ring from her finger, she then gave it to me and placed it on the palm of my hand.

"Mom? Are you sure?" I said as I was shocked that she gave me her ring to give to Risa.

"It's just a temporary ring for the ceremony, you will give it back after that. Maybe, you can keep it till you buy her the ring that she deserves." she said while placing her hand on one of my shoulders.

I looked at my hand and realised she gave me 2 rings. "Wait mom, I know that the small one with the diamond is yours but the other ring..."

"It's mine and your dad's, Brandon." Mom chuckled. "Of course it's ours, dad and I know that this situation was quite recent and I know that you probably haven't had time to buy a ring yet, so we agreed to give you ours for the day or maybe till you buy yourself the rings, whichever is fine with us."