Chapter 10 (Edited)

Hey guys! I finally got the motivation to write chapter 10 and I actually feel quite better now. it might not be my best work but I am kinda happy with it I guess.

i would love to hear your opinions on this chapter and also I appreciate all of my readers for waiting patiently for chapter 10, hopefully, I gave you good content on each chapter.

i love you all and thank you for your patience :)

Now on with the story!

Risa's POV

I hung up the phone and was really shaking after Brandon got all serious on the call with me, but I was also confused about what he wanted to talk about.

"RISA!" I looked up and saw Vienna and Ryo having worried expressions on their faces. "What happened? What did he say? What did he want to talk about?" Vienna, asked me.

I gulped and tried to answer her but my voice didn't want to come out, so I breathed in and I finally was able to talk again.

"Brandon...he...he said he wanted to meet up with me to discuss the marriage I guess. He kinda sounded serious about it" I said while still wondering what he really wanted to discuss about.

"Risa, what else did he say to you?" Ryo asked me next.

"Well, he said that he wanted to have a fresh start with me and he didn't want to hide anything. I'm kinda scared to know what he means by that."

At that moment, I realised something that was so obvious, that anyone who knows or even doesn't know me can see. That my feelings for Brandon had never gone away. In fact, I think my feelings for him got even stronger when I saw him again and when he proposed to me, I can feel my heart pumping and my feelings for him are all coming out of me.

Especially the heartbreak i had to endure when i saw him kissing Allie, that feeling that i have when i saw them together kissing, is what I'm feeling now, my chest feels pain and only pain. I thought this might be a second chance for me to be with Brandon and live my happily ever after, but maybe this is just a fantasy i have in my head that was not meant to be, maybe i was never meant to be with him.

"I think he just wanted to break off the engagement because he changed his mind and he didn't want to do it over the phone," I said and sighed deeply.

"No! Don't say that Onesan, you need to hear him out, he said he wanted to have a fresh start with you, maybe he wanted to confess something to you and ..." Ryo turned to look at Vienna. "Help me out here babe."

Vienna started thinking for a while and quickly thought of something from the top of her head. "Maybe he has some things that was upsetting him and wants to tell you about it, or maybe a secret he wanted to confess to you and..." She paused to think again. "And maybe he is afraid that you might not like what he has to say or confess."

Even though they just thought all of that from the top of their heads, they kinda make sense, there are sometimes where someone needs to tell you something but are too afraid of how you would react to what they have to say. Maybe i really just need to hear Brandon out, maybe it's just something he wants to get out of his chest. I have made up my mind in that instant.

"Okay" I took a deep breath before I spoke again. "I'll just meet up with Brandon and just be and stay optimistic that what he have to say to me is nothing bad hopefully, like nothing bad like changing his mind."

Even after saying that, it took a couple of hours to calm myself down completely, I almost didn't go to work because I was afraid that I couldn't concentrate but I still did. Fortunately, working did help me with my anxiety about what is going to happen next at 10am even for a little while. Kei noticed that I was acting strange and kept asking me if I was okay, to which I replied that I was fine.