Chapter 31

Aiko's POV

After work, my husband, Kei, came and fetched me from work. I was sitting at the passenger's seat, I started grinning and smiling as we started driving back home.

"Why are you smiling like that, did something good happen at the hospital or something?" Kei asked me as he was driving.

"Yeah, but I am not the one that should tell you what happened," I said still smiling and grinning.

"Oh, why is that?" Kei asked me.

"It's because it's Risa's good news to tell you."

Suddenly, Kei's phone which is connected to the car started to ring and we saw it was Risa calling Kei. Kei looked at me confused while I just kept smiling at him being so excited for the good news that Kei would be hearing from Risa.

Kei then answered the call from the car Bluetooth. "Hi Risa, how are you?"

"I am fine, thanks for asking, so, Aiko haven't told you yet?" Risa asked Kei and I saw Kei looking so confused and then looked back at me.

"Uhh, no, what is going on?" Kei asked Risa.

"Well, I am pregnant!"

"What?! How?! I thought the doctor said-"

"Turns out, your wife found out that as I was shocked from my previous pregnancy, I misheard what the doctor told me and it turns out I could get pregnant, it is just going to be a little hard but it turns out that I am fine and i can get pregnant!"

"What?! That is great, Risa!" Kei said happily but then he started to look a little worried. "Risa?"

"Yeah, Kei?"

"Since you are pregnant again, I kind of want to make a rule, not really a rule more of like an encouragement."

"Encouragement? Encouragement to do what, Kei?" Risa asked.

"Like I think I am encouraging you to stop working for the gang just for a while, like maybe take an early maternity leave?"

"What?! Why?!"

"Well, you are pregnant Risa."

"I know, Kei but I am in the early stages of pregnancy, I can still work for the gang."

"Okay, you can but desk duty only."

"What?! Why?!" Risa asked but I know why Kei is suggesting this.

Ever since Risa's previous pregnancy, Kei thought that if she ever got pregnant again, he would protect his little sister from getting hurt like that before and protect his niece or nephew.

"Risa, just listen to what Kei is trying to say," I said and looked at Kei as he was trying to explain to Risa this rule he has for her, not only for her but also for all the female workers as the gang's job is dangerous and they can't be pregnant and do the dangerous work. Desk duty is reasonable for their condition.

"Risa, I just don't want anything to happen to my niece or nephew and also you, you are my little sister, and I don't like seeing you in pain. You losing your son and then finding out that you can't have kids, the hurt in your eyes, it was heartbreaking! I can't imagine what that feels like. I want you to be safe, I want that baby to be safe. I am also suggesting that we heighten security for you as well. I would get my best workers to take care of you." Kei's voice broke when he said that, I could see him fighting the tears that were about to come from his eyes.

"Kei..... okay, I understand, I agree with you but also I need to tell Brandon about this too. He is my husband and I think he would agree as well for my safety."