Chapter 32

Brandon's POV

It has been a few days since Risa and I found out that she is pregnant, i was so happy. I haven't told my parents yet, I wanted to tell Mom and Dad now about their first grandchild but then, Risa and I decided to tell them surprisingly, and we had to make a few doctor's appointments to check on the baby. 

I thought of telling Mom and Dad first but then I found out that, Dad was going to be busy with work and Mom would be out of town to visit my grandparents, so we are going to surprise my in-laws instead. So the only ones who knew that Risa was pregnant were her siblings and both her sister-in-law. My siblings do not know yet as I will be telling them with my parents too.

We went to my in-law's house and we wanted to have dinner with them, they were kinda of happy and surprised that we suddenly insisted on having dinner with them. We sat down quietly as I ate my mother-in-law's food that she prepared for us, it was delicious, it was Rice and fish with hot soup and a little bit of spice and chili.

"The food was delicious, Mama. Thank you for making this for us." I complimented my mother-in-law and I could see that she was really happy with the compliment.

"Thank you, Brandon, I wanted to make something more but you and Risa's visit was quite sudden to me and papa that I didn't have much time to prepare something more as I mostly cook for me and Reiji as Kei and Aiko are visiting Aiko's parents and bring the kids with them. If that was the case, I would have made more as usual as Kei and Aiko are living with us."

"No worries Mama, so sorry for us suddenly coming to visit because we wanted to tell you some good news," I said while we were sitting on the couch.

"Good news?" My mother-in-law said curiously.

"What's the good news?" My father-in-law asked us.

Risa and I looked at each other excitedly as we were about to give her parents a present. We gave both of them a box. They looked confused at the box.

"Okay, you can open the box, there is something that both of you would like inside the box."

Still looking confused at each other, they both opened the box together. Inside the box, there is a onesie that says "Hi Grandma and Grandpa!" on it.

Both my in-laws looked at us confused. "Are you both adopting?"

we shook our heads. "Nope, we are not adopting, Mom, I am pregnant!" Risa said out loud excitedly and I could see tears coming down my mother-in-law's face. She stood up and hugged Risa hard and sobbing.

"Risa, are you serious? You're pregnant?! I am so happy for you both!"

"Yes, mom, I am and it turns out I can get pregnant again, i can have the big family that I wanted," Risa explained to her mom.

My father-in-law then started hugging me too, saying how happy he was. We then started talking about baby names for boys and girls. I already have a name in mind which I haven't told Risa yet but I am open to more suggestions for baby names.

Now I just have to tell my parents about the good news that they are having their very 1st grandchild soon. I thought I might tell them at the event that Risa and I are invited to.

The day of the event

Today is the day of this event that was hosted by Trent, it was some sort of get-together with all the friends of the gang. We were changing to our formal wear for the event.

As we were done changing, Risa came out of the bathroom and I saw her wearing a beautiful dress.

"Brandon? What do you think of the dress?" She asked me.