ʸᵒᵘ'ˡˡ ᶜᵒᵐᵉ

A/N: kinda forgot that I changed the update schedule on this. whoopsies.

Katsuki's been acting strange.

Most people would argue that it's just his personality---that it's just the way that Katsuki is with all of his odd quirkiness---but Touya would like to think that he knows his angel much better than that.

Something definitely up.

"Considering the fact that we've basically kept him on house arrest since the incident and Denki and Mashirao's place last week, he's probably traumatized and stir crazy." Hitoshi suggests, watching Touya hover near the bottom of the staircase. He doesn't seem worried---not exactly---but he definitely makes a curious scene.

It has been unanimously decided between Toshinori, Shota and Enji that it would be best to keep Katsuki under very close surveillance for the time being. It may not have seemed like it to Tsuyu and the others but had she not shown up when she did, they're uncertain as to what Katsuki's fate would have been. Chisaki Kai has proven to be quite violent and unpredictable, after all.

They can't afford to take any more chances.

He'd be allowed to be transferred between the Aizawa-Yamada household, the Midoriya-Yagi household, and the Todoroki-Takami household only---the only places that Katsuki was sure to be safe.

Although it was the best decision to make, it wasn't the most ethical one.

They'd gotten quite a bit of push-back from Keigo as he'd been rather upset that they'd go through the trouble of rescuing Katsuki and allowing him to experience the joys of freedom simply to snatch it back without a moment's hesitation and lock him away again.

"You want him to go into a relapse? Because that's how you get him to go into a relapse." He'd said, trying and failing to keep his souring scent under control. "Katsuki is a kid who thrives on the wonder of the outside. Sunsets. Wildlife. Playing in the mud puddles after the rain. These are the things that make up the strength of his spirit now. You know what's gonna happen when you start locking him in the fuckin' house? All he's gonna be able to think about is Tomura locking him in that fucking room for another twenty goddamn years!"

His concern, they'd admitted, were valid.

Masaru agreed, too.

But if he had to choose between locking Katsuki away for a while and potentially giving sick freaks like Chisaki the chance to take his son away from him forever, he'd much rather lock him away.

Keigo held quite an imposing figure among them all that even though he's been outvoted, they'd seriously been contemplating a way to compromise. But in the end, Toshinori was able to reason with Keigo and the younger blonde relented---albeit reluctantly.

They told Katsuki it would only be for a little while. That it would all be over soon and that he'd never have to worry about Mitsuki or Chisaki again.

Katsuki, however, assured them that he didn't mind being kept inside.

That he was used to it.

And that he'd do what he had to in order to help them in their work.

It was a very kind and mature gesture to them---a rather pleasant surprise that motivated them to get the damn thing over with even quicker.

The faster the trial ends, the faster Katsuki can stop hiding and really live a normal life.

Now, you might be asking how this would be considered strange behavior for Katsuki, right? He's being incredibly cooperative and taking things with an incredible amount of grace---this should be rewarded and not a topic of suspicion.