ᵗʰᵉʸ'ʳᵉ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵍᵒⁿⁿᵃ ᵍⁱᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ

A/N: Sorry I'm late, I was exhausted and needed the rest.

"Izuku." 

"Mmph." 

"...Izuku, wake up." 

"Hm?" 

Shouto huffs in exasperation and reaches over to whack the freckled alpha over the head with his pillow, effectively startling him out of his sleep. He groans, hair a hellacious mess on his head and brows knit together as he swipes a hand over his face. He's glaring at the ceiling, though his eyes are very much still closed. 

"What is it, Shouto?" He croaks, reaching over to pull both omegas against his chest when reality comes crashing into him like a freight train. His eyes snap open and he quickly looks over to confirm his suspicions. 

"Where's Kacchan?" 

Shouto's eyes narrow at his boyfriend and he contemplates hitting him again. "I don't know, genius. That's why I woke you up. The bed's pretty cold so I think he's been gone a while." He assesses, pulling the covers back to stand. He shivers as his feet touch the cold hardwood. Izuku sniffs the air for a moment, throwing the covers off of himself as well to follow Shouto out. "Scent is pretty faint as well so the idea that he's just gone to the bathroom is unlikely. Maybe he got up to go sleep in mom and dad's bed?" 

Shouto goes to agree with him but a faint clinking noise catches his ears.

"Did you hear that?" He asks, ears twitching. Izuku's brow pinches, brow quirked curiously. 

"Hear what?" 

It comes again, a tad bit louder this time and Shouto makes eye contact with his lover as if to ask if he'd heard it that time. Izuku's only reply is to turn his curious gaze to the door. 

"I think it's coming from downstairs." 

A fond smile pulls at Izuku's lips. 

"Of course. He's in the kitchen. Probably trying to reach the cookie jar on the shelf." He suggests, sliding on his slippers and opening the door for Shouto to go out ahead of him as they make their way down. He doesn't want Katsuki to hurt himself trying to climb the counter.

It's fairly early, maybe around five thirty in the morning from what Shouto can tell. The staircase is illuminated in the pinks and purples and blues of a rising sun. He wonders just how long Katsuki had been down there trying to get to those cookies. 

As it would turn out, however, it isn't the cookies he's gone after. 

Upon entering the kitchen, they find Katsuki squatting over an open container of leftover spaghetti and meatballs with the refrigerator door wide open. He's eating with his bare hands, sauce and noodles splattering the floor along with his gown and his feet. It's cute upon first glance but the longer they watch him, the more unsettling it becomes. 

"Katsuki?" 

The blonde freezes right where he is, head snapping in their direction with a mouth full of food still swelling his cheeks. 

"Are you okay, honey?" 

Katsuki looks down at the mess he's made and a look of shame crosses him. 

"H-Hungry…" he says as best he can through his mouth full. Shouto nods in understanding, stopping Izuku from turning the kitchen light on. He'd just embarrass Katsuki even more. "That's okay. You like eating that cold, baby?" 

Katsuki hesitantly shakes his head and it occurs to Shouto that Katsuki isn't tall enough to reach the cabinets where the dishes are and chances are that he doesn't know how to use a microwave either. He must've been starving if he'd rather eat cold leftovers on the floor instead of waiting for breakfast.