ⁱ'ᵐ ʷᵒʳʳⁱᵉᵈ

A/N: sorry I'm late but we're back in schedule now! Lost a fight with some stairs so I had to take a day or two to get better. Hope you enjoy! ✨

"Do you need anything, sweetheart?" 

Katsuki tears his attention away from the book in his lap to look up at Fumikage from where he's seated among a pile of bean bag chairs and offer him a tiny smile and a shake of his head. Fumikage returns it in kind, reaching down to lightly ruffle Katsuki's hair with black painted fingernails. "Alright, well, if you do, you know where to find me. Please don't wander off without telling me; the library is fairly grande and I wouldn't want you to get lost." He says before he turns on his heels and saunters off to go back to his desk. He'd volunteered to look after Katsuki today while the others were in class, after all. 

The beta had been more than happy to bring Katsuki to work with him for the day. After all, the library is one of his favorite places to be; he seems to be content with getting his fill of knowledge and reading anything he could reach on the shelves. He's reading a book about heat and mating cycles right now at the suggestion of Shouto so that he'd be a bit more prepared when his own came. It had been a little over a month since he'd come off of those excruciatingly painful meds so it was only a matter of time before he'd experience his first heat. Best to be as prepared as he could be, especially since he was expected to spend it alone. Shouto had offered to take him to get some supplies later in the week. Katsuki is nervous, but a part of him is incredibly relieved to finally be what others could consider normal. 

As normal as he could be, anyway. 

He finishes his book within the hour and decides to put it back to get another---maybe he'll find something with pictures. He'd like to find a book about spiders as well; he's rather curious as to what kind of spiders Ilo and Milo are. He goes back to visit them every day. He's happy that they haven't left him yet but he assumes that they'd like to leave some day to go somewhere better. 

Just like Basil did. 

He's been considering asking Toshinori to take him to visit Tomura again...but this time he would like to go alone. It's a long shot---Touya would most certainly object---but Katsuki feels as though he hadn't gotten the answers that he should have. There's something that Tomura isn't telling him and while Tomura has done some horrible things, Katsuki has a feeling that things are not what they appear to be on the surface. Tomura was definitely afraid. Katsuki just doesn't know why. 

Or of what. 

"Perhaps I am better off not knowing." He muses aloud to himself as he turns on a random aisle and begins to look through the books there. He'd found several books on omega biology somewhere around this section but these books are a bit different---more focused on childbirth and parenting. He doesn't plan to have children anytime soon; he can barely look after himself, but he's a little curious to learn about conception between a female alpha and a male omega so he thumbs through them to see what he can find. He's much too short to reach the ones on the higher shelves, even with the help of the step ladder that he's found at the end of the next shelf over. It's a little frustrating since he'd had to struggle quite a bit to drag it there. 

"You need some help, sweetie?"

The sudden break in silence startles Katsuki and he stumbles backwards with a yelp, squeezing his eyes shut with the assumption that he's destined to make friends with the floor in the most unpleasant way but it would seem that his unsuspected acquaintance has done him the courtesy of regaining his balance with a hand at his back and a sheepish chuckle. 

"Sorry, sweetheart, I didn't mean to scare you. You okay?" 

Katsuki blinks his eyes open with the realization that he isn't going to hit the floor, a bright shock of red in his vision.