ʷᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵗᵃʸ ᴵⁿˢⁱᵈᵉ

A/N: I have decided that Katsuki is a femboy. Deal with it.

Alright. 

So Katsuki does not understand the concept of eating utensils. 

Maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration on Izuku's part. Maybe it's just that Katsuki hasn't had proper function of his limbs for so long that he hasn't been able to remember how to use them. He'd had a very short duel with his chopsticks (who eats spaghetti with chopsticks?) before he'd quite literally thrown them back onto the table and tried his hand at a fork. The little blonde stabbed angrily at his food, becoming increasingly irate every time the noodles slide off and plop right back down onto his plate. Sauce splashes back onto his face and he slams the fork down hard enough to startle Inko, giving up on using any of their eating utensils to eat with his hands instead. He reminds Izuku a lot like a feral animal, sitting with his feet in the chair and shoving spaghetti and meatballs into his mouth until his cheeks are chubby and full. 

Cute~ 

Izuku smiles fondly at the exasperated look on his father's face, watching his father reach over with his napkin to wipe the mess clean and attempt to clean the boy's hands as he takes a moment to chew. "I know you're hungry, honey, but you don't have to eat so fast. The food isn't going anywhere. You can have as much as you like until you've had enough." He assures the omega but Katsuki looks at Yagi as if he has told him a lie. Amazingly enough, he doesn't fuss or scramble away as Toshinori cleans him up. Izuku supposed he'd grow a rather fast attachment to his father. For now, that may be best if it keeps him calm. 

Toshinori takes a moment to explain to Katsuki what a fork is and show him how to use it. It's a fair bit easier than trying to teach him how to use chopsticks and Katsuki catches on fairly quickly. He makes a visible effort to slow down and enjoy his meal. 

"Don't get yourself so full that you don't have room for more cookies, okay hon?" Inko insists and Katsuki pauses, wide and sparkling eyes darting in her direction. 

"There are more of the cookies?" 

"Plenty, sweetheart! Do you like sweets?" She asks, attempting to start a casual conversation not only to get to know Katsuki but to also make things less awkward for all of them. Izuku thinks it's a good tactic. Talking about themselves may just make him feel more out of place than he already does. 

"Yes. Brother makes a cake for me every year for my special day. He calls it chocolate cake. I like chocolate." Katsuki discloses, poking at his last meatball with the tip of his fork. "I did not get to eat my special day cake yesterday as I was sick and Brother had left to go to the better place. It is the only time I get to have my special day cake so it made me very sad." 

That's…

Fucking depressing. 

"Yesterday was your birthday? Well, why didn't you say so! Happy birthday, Katsuki! How old are you now?" Izuku chimes in to keep the air from becoming stale as Inko's enthusiasm dies. Katsuki's response has her mortified but she quickly fixes her expression with a shake of her head as she goes to clear her throat. 

"I counted nineteen candles. I am nineteen years old now." He mumbles, putting his fork down to count on his fingers and make sure. He nods when he's sure, going back to eat his last meatball. "Really? I'll be twenty-two this year. Maybe when you turn twenty-one, I can take you to get your first drink at a bar." He laughs and Katsuki's brow creases curiously. Yagi snorts out a laugh, setting down his glass. "Izuku, you've never even been to a bar. I have never seen you drink." 

Izuku rolls his eyes indignantly, though he's still smiling. 

"Just because I don't drink doesn't mean that I can't."