ⁱ ʲᵘˢᵗ ʷᵃⁿᵗᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵖʳᵒᵗᵉᶜᵗ ʸᵒᵘ

A/N: Hi guys. I'm back. Sorry I was gone for so long. Things have just been incredibly overwhelming with everything that's happened. Thank you for all of your kind words of encouragement and support, you have no idea how much it's helped me. Anyway, this took me about a month to write since I found it hard to find motivation to do much of anything. It's not a very well-written chapter in comparison. But I hope that you like it anyway. Thanks. ❤️

Shota has been trying his absolute best to keep a level head about things but his frayed nerves have been rather difficult to keep in check. Masaru has done his best to keep him occupied and make him rest during this short reprieve but he's so goddamn hard-headed sometimes. He calls Captain Tsukauchi at least nine times a day and, on separate occasions, has been in touch with the PSI to make sure they're still in cooperation as well. It's tiresome---not just for Masaru but for their children as well. It takes a lot of fussing and a hell of a lot of lovemaking to finally get him to settle down (if fucking Shota until he passes out is the same as getting him to settle down) but at least Masaru can get him to get some much needed sleep this way. His poor lover has just about run himself ragged and if they are to do this little sting operation of theirs in the next two days then he needs as much energy as he can get. 

"A hot meal would do him well, too." The elder omega hums to himself as he makes his way down from their bedroom. He's been contemplating what to cook for dinner and thinks that making Shota's favorite might be able to lift the raven's spirits even a little---at least it wouldn't hurt to try. 

He passes Hitoshi on his way, pausing when he hears the theme song for the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show playing from the television. 

"I thought you hated this show?" He prompts, leaning against the sofa. It's only then that he notices the two sleepy little blondes that are napping in the alpha's lap. Their heads are tested against his chest, legs sprawled out across the pillows. Hitoshi doesn't seem bothered or uncomfortable in the slightest, scrolling and tapping away at his phone. "I do," he grunts. "But the kiddos wanted me to hang out with them so I did. Not like I can say no to my babies like that." 

Masaru smiles. 

"You're so good with them." He compliments and Hitoshi shrugs. "Eri's always been my baby. And looking after Katsuki isn't at all much different from taking care of her. I was raised to look after my siblings. I'm the eldest, after all." 

"I see." Masaru says, reaching out to ruffle Hitoshi's messy hair. "In which case, I want to thank you for looking after them while I was looking after your mother. I finally got him down for a nap and I want to try and get some of the housework done so that he can stop worrying so much about that as well. I know that you all must be hungry; it won't be long before I start dinner." 

"No problem. Lemme know if you need some help. I should have my hands free now that the runts are sleeping." 

"It's okay, honey, I've got it." Masaru assures him, pushing himself up from the couch to carry one with his tasks at hand. Should he start with the laundry? The floors?

"Hey. Ma." 

Masaru pauses, turning just enough to make eye contact with Hitoshi's rather scrutinizing gaze.  

"Yes?" 

"You know that you don't have to do everything alone, right? That I'm totally fine with helping? I'm here if you need me. Just like you've been here when we've needed you."