Fourteen- A lesson on Vampirism

Fourteen-A lesson on Vampirism

"On a scale of 1 to 10 how bad is it?" I groaned as I lifted a hand to my forehead. The spymaster loomed before me, brows furrowed in disapproval as he assessed my newly acquired head injury. "On a scale of 1 to 10 how blind are you?" He inquired as he brought his hand above my head. A wet cloth kissed the swelling bump on my forehead making me hiss in pain. From where did that stupid wall come? How on earth was I supposed to know that the next turn would be a sharp one? I glared at the male who was nursing my wound with a random piece of cloth he had plucked from nearby, stupid douche for not warning me about the wall. He wanted me to hit it like some dumb bimbo.

Ugh the nerve.

"If you could stop glaring at me and relax your brows, we could get away from here sooner," he said with an exasperated sigh before dabbing the cloth at the centre of my forehead.

I fluttered my eyelashes at him, ignoring the flare of pain it brought, "this better?" I asked puckering my lips at him in the process.

He stared back at me with no trace of amusement. Standing up, he discarded the ragged piece of cloth and kicked the broken bottle of alcohol (it smelled of alcohol- I hope)  aside. "Okay you're well enough to resume walking," he said tugging at the chain and with a colorful string of curses directed at him, I got to my feet. I stared at the discarded piece of cloth before shuddering inwardly, as soon as I get back to the townhouse I'm going to take a good shower. The things that have crawled over that rag! Disgusto.

"Stop staring at that piece of cloth like it had done something to you," the spymaster said from in front of me as we resumed walking.

"Yeah I'm sorry I'll just glare at you instead,"

A beat of silence before, "You did well today by the way,"

I cocked an eyebrow although he couldn't see it, "I'm sorry what? Could you repeat that for me?"

I could see his shoulders tense up in irritation as he groaned, "you managed to ward off drunk Fae while in chains, this proves that you at least have your bearings and basic instincts intact,"

"And what if I didn't have them?"

"Then I would've stepped in,"

"Ooh and what? Flown me to safety?"

A glance behind his shoulder, "yes,"

"I'm surprised you wouldn't just leave me to die," I said with a wry chuckle.

He stopped in his tracks and turned to face me, "The thought did cross my mind but the rest of them need you- you're all they have,"

"And all you have as well,"

"Don't get cocky, I could do this job myself if they let me,"

"Oh so you're having your own invisible leash. You probably hide it in all those shadows that surround you,"

He was up in my face in an instant. Hazel eyes glowering as he stared me down. "No one, I repeat. No one has me in a leash. I follow orders because they're what's best for everyone,"

Ignoring our proximity I snapped back, "how very loyal of you,"

He bared his teeth, "watch what you're saying,"

"Or else what?" I raised my eyebrows, "you're going to tie me up? The little puppy doesn't want to be the only one with his leash?" I taunted menacingly.

Canines flashed as he rapidly leaned in and latched them at my neck. Just at the part where my neck met my shoulder. I couldn't help the gasp that left my lips as my back hit the wall behind me. The spymaster's hand found my wrist and he lifted it above my head, pinning it on to the wall with his own. Warm liquid pooled down my neck but no pain followed. No, it wasn't painful- it was-

Something else.

He was leaning against me, his body weight fully on mine and I found my free hand straying to his hair as he moved to let go of my neck. What I was doing and where I was going with it, I didn't know. Nor did the spymaster because I felt and heard his breath hitch just as mine did before he leaned back in and nibbled at my neck. Sparks of flame and lightning danced against my skin as another gasp left my lips and I found myself arching to him, his other hand wrapping itself around my waist and pulling me closer. My traitorous body ached for more contact with his, my head falling back giving him more access as he dragged his tongue over my neck before nibbling back down to the initial point where he had bitten me.

Oh Jesus Mary Joseph! Gods above! What was I doing?!

And then as just as realization dawned over me like a bag of rocks being thrown at my head, he pulled back with equal vigor. He was panting as hard as I was and we stared at each other before his eyes strayed to my neck and mine to his lips where my blood shone brightly against his lips and chin.

Silence followed save for the internal pounding in my ears and my erratic heartbeat.

Finally he straightened, eyes regaining their cold composure, "If you don't discipline yourself and put yourself right, trust me- I'll do whatever it takes to make you do so," his tone was cold, commanding. The voice belonging to a powerful Fae male who was hundreds of years old.

Anger boiled through me at the realization of what he had just done, he had tried to subdue me, tame me like I was some wild animal. Although my primal instincts screamed at me to let him take me then and there, my years of training and the pride I built with it burned even brighter. I yanked at the chain, maneuvering it in such a way it wrapped around his wrist and I held firm, cutting off any circulation. He was too shocked to fight back, the coldness in his eyes dissipating for a second to reveal pure shock. I gazed directly at him, not breaking eye contact even for a second, "you do something like this again and I'll make sure the next thing this chain would suffocate would be your little friend," I said, my words laced with acid before I released my grip.

The spymaster shot me a glare as vile as my own before he proceeded to walk away. Good, threaten a man's goods and he's your bitch.

We walked in silence and I thought about what I said as I followed him out of the slums, I had called it his little friend. Flashes of him pressed up against me, all muscle and flesh brought heat against my cheeks.

Little was not the word for it and I'd be damn stupid if I thought so. Calling it little would be the highest form of lie. The seventh circle in hell would still be too good for me.

That, was soooooo not little.

Gods above I'm going mental! I need someone to douse a bucket of holy water over me ASAP!