Forty- Christian Louboutin

Kaira's POV

I stared at the two ensembles of clothing Feyre had picked out for me. One was a midnight blue dress embroidered with gold threading and the other was a dress in a odd shade of silver. They were both very beautiful and I didn't know which one to pick out of the two.

Yes, first world problems.

Rhysand had gotten all the High Lords to come to the Night Court where the meeting was to be held. As they were hosting it both Feyre and Rhys had spend the entire morning putting in the finishing touches. The meeting was to be held at the library where Rhysand believed would be the best place to maintain cordiality seeing that Tamlin hadn't fully recovered since Feyre left him for Rhys.

It also did make perfect sense as to why Tamlin was always moody. I mean I wouldn't recover fully as well if Feyre had left me.

I kept on staring at the dresses hoping that one of them would just stand out to me but they both did at the same time making it impossible for me to choose. Both Rhys and Feyre told me that it was important that I made a good first impression seeing that I was to meet the rest of the High Lords. Azriel had given me a sideways glance when Rhys mentioned it over breakfast. I swear the Shadowsinger's pointed gaze had to do something with being on my best behavior.

"Are you ready yet?" Cassian asked from the other side of the door, he was picked to escort me outside when Rhys gave the signal. Everyone decided that me being present during the exchange of pleasantries would just sour up the mood further seeing that most of the High Lords would be clueless as to why I'm here.

"Not yet!" I called out as I ran a hand through my hair in frustration.

"What's taking you so long?" Asked a perplexed sounding Cassian.

"I can't pick a dress!"

"Well as long as it's nice and shiny it'll do, most of the females here love to stack up on all the glitter,"

"Tell me about it," I said chuckling in the process.

"Kaira, you have like five minutes to get your butt here before I take you to meet the rest of the High Lords. Get moving will ya,"

"Patience Cas, patience. I'll be out in a bit!" I said before deciding to ditch the Fae wardrobe altogether. I made my way to my closet where I found my backpack at the corner almost tucked away under a frill of dresses. Unzipping it, I pulled out my mortal clothes. The usual black pants and black turtleneck, digging in a little deeper I found the spare pair of So Kate Louboutins that I always kept incase of an emergency. And this was some form of an emergency, I needed to get dressed in five minutes!

Slipping into my clothes I wore my black leather jacket and made sure to apply an extra layer of red lipstick. For some reason seeing myself back in my usual work clothes made me feel a bit nostalgic. I missed working for uncle and the thrill of my job. Slipping my gun into the waistband of my pants I made my way outside where a bored Cassian stood.

"That's not a dress,"

I looked down at my outfit, "I know,"

"And what kind of shoes are those?" He asked as he took in my heels.

I gave him a light pat on the back as we made our way to the library, "Those my friend, they're called heels. Cristian Louboutin,"

"You named your shoes?" He looked incredulous at that.

I couldn't help but chuckle, "I'll let you wear them after the meeting, let me know what you think,"

He looked excited at the prospect of trying them on and I had the urge to reach out and squeeze his cheek. Who would've thought an ancient and powerful Illyrian warrior would get so excited over a pair of heels?!

We reached the library just as we heard Tamlin say something crude about Feyre and Rhysand. Cassian rolled his eyes at that as he pushed the door open and immediately everyone went silent.

I kept my head high and my heartbeat normal. I knew that they would hear it beating uncontrollably and that wouldn't bode well with making a good first impression.

"This is Kaira Jones, the niece to the Prince of Hybern,"

A dark skinned male with eyes the same shade as Lucien's blew out a low whistle, "you never told me that this was what she looked like," he said eyeing me hungrily. It wasn't in a perverted way but in a different way- almost as if he was intrigued at the sight of me.

"And what we're you expecting?" I asked as I sat to Rhysand's left, beside a fair haired High Lady who gave me a conspiratorial wink.

The male grinned wolfishly, "A mere mortal, not the likes of you,"

I raised an eyebrow, "Well I am a mortal," I said shrugging in the process.

The male chuckled, "Sorry, I couldn't introduce myself- I'm Helion. High Lord of the Day Court. I'm also known as the spell cleaver,"

"It means Helion can break any spell," the female beside me said, "Although that was self explanatory wasn't it?" I nodded at that and she chuckled, "I'm Viviane, High Lady of the Winter Court," pointing at the male sitting beside her she said, "This is my mate and husband Kallias,"

"Also known as High Lord of the Winter Court," he said rolling his eyes at his mate in the process.

"And you know Tamlin," Rhysand said before gesturing towards another male, "this is Tarquin, High Lord of the Summer Court. Thesan, High Lord of the Dawn Court and arriving in Beron's stead is- Eris," Rhysand introduced, the latter announced with barely concealed distaste.

I made sure I made eye contact with every single one of them, when my eyes finally landed on Eris he shot me a wicked grin in response.

"Hello darling," he purred.

From behind me I could feel Azriel tense, a low growl leaving his lips in the process. The other High Lords watched the exchange with barely concealed tension. Something in me wanted to reach out to Azriel and assure him that there was nothing to worry about but as soon as that thought surfaced I stomped down on it viciously.

It was Cassian who broke the tensed silence, "Kaira named her shoes Christian Louboutin,"

And then that was that.