Fifty Nine- Mistress

There was chaos erupting all around me, the Vlag demons were pushing pass the rest of the slaves- trying to find a way out of the cell and failing miserably as the flames wrapped their obsidian wisps around them. They screamed, their agony much more painful than the slaves who fell down in dead heaps around me. These flames burned right through the demons, pushing through their flesh and bone and feasting on the mind within- just as they did to their hosts.

A taste of their own medicine.

I didn't have much time to torture them further so I pulled the flames back. I stared as the Vlag demons staggered about- too weak to retaliate or flee.

The flames left me unharmed and I dusted a bit of soot from my shoulder. I turned to the cluster of slaves that were staring back at me with their demonic, fathomless eyes.

I pushed through their weak minds easily and made them believe that they were choking on the very air they breathed. The demons seemed to go still before they began clawing at their throats, falling to their knees before ripping apart their flesh into shreds.

That was it then.

I knew that the commotion would've caused a stir and I only had a few seconds before the smoke cleared. Using that as my cover, I pushed open the now charred gate and plunged into the smoke. Around me I could hear the clamor of the rest of the Fae as they moved closer to see what had happened. The smoke was still thick and no one paid attention to me as I slicked pass them.

It was only when his hand clamped around my wrist did I stop and turn to look at the spymaster. He didn't say a word other than gesture towards the Foxglove.

I followed him inside only to find the place even more packed than it was before. It looked like the patrons in the raunchy bar didn't seem to be that bothered about the fire that had burned down all the slaves.

Azriel didn't say a word as he pulled me deeper into the establishment. We were well past the bar setting and now had delved into someplace that looked like a lounge/ pleasure house. I didn't have the time to even question his motives before he tossed a few coins at a serving girl before she discreetly passed him a parcel. He was quick to hide it underneath the folds of his cloak before dragging me towards a corridor that led to a room. Only when the door to the room was firmly shut behind us did he let go of me.

"What's going on?" I asked as Azriel tossed the parcel at me.

"I should be asking the same of you but we don't have the time. What I found out is more important,"

I opened the parcel to find a deep burgundy dress made of something that looked similar to velvet. Underneath it was a plain but finely designed black shirt and pants. Azriel took the latter from me and pointed at the dress, "we need to get back to that room soon, word is that one of the commanders of Orcus's army will be making an entrance,"

Realization dawned over me and I turned my back to him before slipping out of my clothes. I used my cloak to conceal my body from him as I self consciously pulled on the dress. "Why would he come here though?" I asked as the sound of us changing into our new attire grew so loud it almost became unbearable.

"Why would a commander of an army site a pleasure house?"

"Oh,"

"We need to get as close to him as possible and get him to talk,"

"And how are we going to do that?" I asked as I tied the ribbons of my dress and finally turned to face him. He looked gloriously handsome in the finely tailored set of clothes. The dark material adding an edge and allure to his already commanding presence. I shoved the thought away from my head as I undid my braid and pulled my hair over my shoulders, "well?" I asked raising my eyebrow at his silence.

He didn't look like he was uncomfortable but there was definitely something that was bothering him. Finally with a deflated sigh he ran a hand through his hair, "The only way I can get close to him is by showing off my rank. To the people here I'm a cocky Illyrian commander- willing to trade my loyalties just for a good bag of coins. That's the front I'll be putting out,"

I placed a hand on my hip already knowing where this was going, "And what about me?"

"You're one of the girls working here,"

"And you want me to seduce this commander?"

Azriel looked taken aback at my question, "Not the commander- I- wait why would you want to seduce the commander?"

I shrugged, "to get information out of him,"

"He wouldn't blab out information to a pleasure house female," Azriel massage his temples, a clear sign that he was nervous or troubled.

"Then what?"

"You'd be with me,"

My eyes widened by a fraction just as realization hit me, "Oh,"

"I need to look like I know what I'm doing here and the best way to show it is by having a female on me,"

I knew he had a point there, it was best to appear all unbothered and cocky. A man of lose morals hanging out in a shady place with a mistress to himself. It was the perfect cover.

I nodded, "Sounds like a plan,"

He looked like he wanted to say something more but he stopped himself, "Come to me in a few minutes, I'll be sitting in the booth at the far corner of the room," and with that he left, closing the door after him.

I couldn't help the slight tremble that ran through my body. Being with him was hard enough, now having his hands on me was going to be a task by itself.

Although I was a ball of nerves I couldn't hide the small part of me that looked forward to it.