Forty Six- Family Reunion

"Did you just?" Mor asked as we watched the body thud against the ground. I stared at the now dead assassin, there was no hope for him and I still wasn't ready to tell anyone that I was Vlag and that I had infected him. I only nodded before turning on my heel and making my way to the apartment. The man at the desk didn't bother asking any questions before giving me a spare set of keys and I made my way up the stairs. Behind me the Fae trailed, no one saying a word. I didn't blame them, they were in a whole new world and they had already witnessed enough.

I opened my apartment to find it just as it was before. The bottle of wine sat on the countertop and I made a beeline to it, "Make yourselves at home," I said before swallowing down a mouthful, "Ugh this isn't strong enough," I muttered before going through my cabinets looking for a bottle of Jack.

I looked up to find the Fae awkwardly standing in the doorway.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You just killed a man and you're acting like nothing ever happened," Azriel said as he crossed his hands over his chest.

I couldn't help but glare at him, "You're acting like you haven't killed someone before,"

"The difference is that you just got here."

"It's always been like that," I said shrugging in the process before taking another gulp, "I had no other option but to kill him or else he would come back again,".

Or his master would kill him for doing a soddy job.

I took another gulp of alcohol and winced slightly as the liquid burned down my throat. Wonder if my newfound Vlag abilities prevented me from getting hungover.

Azriel removed the bottle from my grasp, "That's enough for you,"

"Boo you whore," I said rolling my eyes in the process.

"Your place is nice," Mor said changing the subject in the process. She flopped down on the couch and patted the seat beside her, "Sit down Feyre, mortal couches just make you wanna sit here forever," she said before pulling Feyre down. "It is comfy," the High Lady remarked as she settled down. Rhysand was browsing through the shelf of books at the far corner of the room, "These books have odd titles to them," he observed.

I shrugged, "They're pretty good though," I said before turning to Cassian who was staring at the frozen pizza in the fridge, "Take it out, we have a few minutes to spare might as well eat something."

"And what exactly is that?" He asked as he took the pizza out.

I removed the plastic cover from it and popped it to the microwave which thankfully was still working. Dust had gathered over most of my stuff but other than that everything else was in place, "It's called pizza," I said to Cassian, "Trust me it's going to change your life,"

Just then a knock sounded at the door and I found Phineas standing outside, "You defrosting stale pizza?" He asked as he walked in to the apartment. I shut the door after him and crossed my hands over my chest, "So what? There's no food,"

"Doesn't mean you should feed them stale pizza,"

"Oh come on the expiry date is a few weeks away,"

Phineas raised an eyebrow before casually leaning against the shelf where the bottle of JD sat. I knew what he was going for and thankfully Azriel did as he moved the bottle well away from the boy's grasp. Phineas let out an irritated sigh before shoving his hands into his pockets, "I passed on the message to Mr.Jones, he's expecting you in fifteen minutes,"

"Damn that doesn't give us much time," I said as I turned to the cabinets and fished out a few bills before dropping it into his awaiting palm. Phineas quickly stuffed it down his pockets as if the Fae here were going to rob him and walked out of the apartment. "We better get going then," I said.

"Do you think he's going to be pleased to see us?" Mor asked.

Rhysand shook his head, "I don't think so but we have no other option. Klaos is the only reliable source we have when it comes to the Vlag,"

I swallowed down yet another wave of guilt. I knew what the Vlag were after and I knew I played a major role in either supporting them or stopping them but I didn't have it in me to own up to it yet.

"Either way we're going to make him talk," I said as I made my way towards the safe at the corner of the living room and unlocked it. A few guns and some spare cash bundles were inside and I took out two more guns. I didn't know how much of ammo I'd need, "Give me a second," I said before making my way to my room and to the closet where my suit was. The Fae were heavily armed and in their armor, I had forgone the Illyrian leathers choosing to wear this suit instead. Now slipping into it, I flexed my arms and other muscles a bit, seeing that it still fit perfectly I slipped into a blazer outfit before hurrying out and expertly hiding my weapons on me.

We left the apartment and luckily no one else pursued or attempted to murder us. The men standing at the entrance to my uncle's house didn't stop us when we walked in and made our way to the study.

The door was closed and yet I knew everything was the way it always was. The same way it had always been. Memories of the last time I saw uncle through the mirror flitted through my mind. The plush green chairs, his wintry smile, Brandon's heart.

We had a lot to discuss.

"You ready?" I asked turning to meet the determined looks on the Fae, they nodded and taking that as my cue- I pushed open the door and stepped in.