Forty Two- What in the Vlag?

I stared at the door leading to Beron's study. The cook had wanted me to take in his afternoon meal as he didn't have the time to take it at the table with the rest of his family.

Now standing here, I couldn't help a shiver slither down my spine at the thought of what was yet to come. At the meeting yesterday the High Lords agreed on speaking to uncle and inquiring about the current Vlag threat. Seeing that he was unwilling to respond to the messages through the mirror, it was finally decided that Helion would break the thin film between the worlds and then a group of delegates would be sent to speak to Klaos.

I was one of the delegates.

I had to admit that I was excited over the turn of events. I could find some time to speak to him in private, warn him about Orcus's presence here, see where his loyalties were.

A small part of me rebelled against the thought of supporting the Vlag but I knew and believed that uncle definitely didn't support the idea of the Vlag taking over so he and the rest of the Fae would be on the same page.

I knocked on the door to the study and Beron let out a gruff in response. Taking it as an invitation to enter, I pushed open the door and walked in.

Only to find Orcus standing with him.

"Hello dear," the Vlag King's voice was low, it reminded me of a snake, "It's been more than a millennia since I last saw you,"

I forced myself to keep any trace of surprise from my face as I robotically placed the tray of food before Beron. As quick as lightning he grabbed my wrist, pinning it against the table, "You Vlag scum. Really thought you could hide out in Prythian?" He had a maniacal look in his eyes as he stared up at me.

Orcus placed a hand on Beron's shoulder, "Now now dear friend that's not how you talk to her," he turned his gold eyes to mine, a small and cunning smile making its way to his lips, "That's not how you address her at all,"

Beron let go of me, "Eris really thought he could get away with sending you to me- did he really think I wouldn't be able to sniff you out?"

Orcus rolled his eyes, it looked odd to see him act so mundane, "You wouldn't know what she is even from a mile away,"

Finally I found my voice to speak, "What do you want from me?" I asked as I subtly edged away from the psychotic High Lord and his demon ally.

Orcus's smile was as sharp as a knife, "We have a lot of plans in store for you," he turned to Beron, "I myself made a deal with the High Lord himself,"

It was an effort to bring a look of pure innocence and confusion into my eyes, "What do you plan to do?"

"Why take over Prythian of course," Orcus's smile was pulled back to the extent I could see his canines. This was what the Vlag really was like. They were monsters, monsters intent of ensuring destruction.

And Beron had called me Vlag scum.

I was too afraid to ask it but I knew I had to. I had no other option but to. Everything I stood for depended on this. Beron looked lost in his own thoughts, I wasn't surprised to find the ring of obsidian metal around his little finger. He was under the influence of a Vlag prince.

"What am I?" It was an effort to speak.

Orcus seemed elated at the question, "We named you Morgayne- the beginning and the end,"

"We?"

His feline gaze met mine, "You're the end to our problems, with you the Vlag bloodline shall flourish- we will once again rule the worlds,"