Fifteen- Damn the Fae and their expert sense of smell

A/N: I usually don't post a chapter unless I have the chapter following it already written and proof read but hey today I thought why not? Let's live on the edge for a bit ;)
Also lol I got into a MAJOR argument with my mum over something and chugged down an entire 20 inch long glass of vodka and cranberry just to prove a point to her and lol I'm tipsy af. Chile talk about mommy issues lmao.
Hope y'all like the story so far. Love you loads.

Fifteen-Damn the Fae and their expert sense of smell

"You look well," I heard Feyre say as I walked into the library, my chains removed and in a fresh set of clothes. Sneaking in to my room hadn't been easy, I had to put my hair down to cover my bleeding neck and had literally run into yet another wall to avoid conversation with Morrigan who had suggested going to this place called Rita's for dinner. Back in my room I had scrubbed myself clean and wore an outfit with a high neck to cover the bruise. Normal hickeys could easily be covered with some foundation, but a bite mark from a Fae male? God I had no idea.

"A warm bath could do wonders," I said as I made my way to an empty seat beside a woman who looked like what an angry Feyre would look like. She didn't even bother glancing at me as she buried her nose deep into her book and remained unbothered. Damn, I already like her.

"Did you have anything to eat?" Feyre asked before passing over a plate of biscuits, the lack of food made my stomach grumble in appreciation as I hurriedly gobbled down as many biscuits as I could, "these are good," I said between bites.

Feyre smiled before gesturing towards the silent female beside me, "let me introduce you to my sister Nesta,"

I turned to Nesta and offered her my hand, "Hi I'm Kaira,"

The female looked almost disinterested as she took mine in hers, "I would say it's a pleasure to meet you but at this particular moment it's not," she said with a soft humph. Damn, what got her panties in a twist? I looked over towards a shelf where winged male stood, his arms crossed over his chest as he stared back at Nesta who was studiously ignoring him. Damn, Cassian and Nesta- now here's a story I'm invested in!

Just then Cassian tilted his head to the side, his nostrils flaring before he whipped his head to me. His eyes widened to the size of pool balls and his mouth fell open in shock. I stared at him, baffled at his odd behavior. Just as I was about to question him about it, Rhysand strode into the room carrying a stack of books.

"Feyre darling you didn't tell me that you've already read all of these," he said from behind the stack of books as he lowered them to the table that sat at the center of the room. Feyre was too busy looking back and forth both myself and Cassian to reply. Rhysand set his books down and stared at her quizzically. They were doing it again, the weird mind conversations or something. Like Cassian, Rhysand's nostrils flared before he turned to me. His eyes widened as they settled on my neck. I resisted the urge to recheck the collar of my shirt, maybe the wound was visible, maybe Rhysand saw it.

Just then both Morrigan and the spymaster walked into the room. The latter in back in his armor and the usual brooding expression plastered over his features. In a blink of an eye both Rhysand and Cassian advanced on him, leaving him no room to retaliate as the two males shoved him out of the room. Cassian stole another quick glance at me before following Rhysand and the spymaster out.

It was Morrigan who broke the silence, "You have his scent on you," she said in confusion.

I bit the inside of my cheek and cracked my knuckles nervously, "What makes you say that?" I asked with a weak chuckle. Damn the Fae and their good sense of smell. How could I forget that?!

Feyre turned to Morrigan, "They do train together,"

Morrigan shook her head, "No, his scent is strong," she furrowed her eyebrows at me, "What did you do besides train?" Her tone was accusatory, almost jealous. For what? I did not know. She was always dodging the spymaster, not letting her eyes linger on him for way to longer than necessary. If at all she's the one distancing herself from him, why does she get to be mad at me?

Maybe she's just watching out for a friend, after all I am an outsider.

I realized that both Feyre and Morrigan were watching me, waiting for an answer. I wracked my brains to think of a good enough reply but came with nothing, thankfully the three males walked in- still bickering but nevertheless, breaking the awkward silence in the process.

The spymaster's eyes met mine from across the room and I glared at him, angry that he put me in such a position. If I were within a five feet distance from him I would've punched him in his face.

His glare deepened as if he sensed what was going on in my head. Before I could shoot him an even more menacing glare, he turned away and tuned back into the conversation with Rhysand and Cassian.

Morrigan was watching our exchange closely but I refused to meet her eye and offer her any explanation.

"Kaira can work on her basic fighting skills with me tomorrow," it was Cassian who said that and the entire room turned to look at him, including the spymaster who only looked bored than surprised. Bastard, acting like this whole change of plans wasn't suddenly sprung upon in the last minute.

Glad to keep the conversation off the spymaster's scent that still lingered on me, I spoke.

"And what does training with you entail?" I asked turning to Cassian.

The Illyrian male gave me an excited and wicked smile, "You know that the illyrians are good warriors, we're the best out there," he said with a proud smirk, from beside me Nesta scoffed and I couldn't hide the smile that crept up my lips. She was completely unbothered and I loved it! Cassian shot her a wink at that and she rolled her eyes before turning back to the book she was reading.

I turned back to Cassian who was staring at Nesta with a small fond smile, "And what does that have to do with tomorrow's training?" I prodded earning his attention in the process.

The General and Commander of the Night Court's armies gave me a wicked grin, "Get ready for an ass kicking of your lifetime,"