Seventy Three- Undone

Kaira's POV

Kaira.
Kaira.
Kaira.

My name.

Kaira Jones.

"Kaira!" Azriel's voice was an urgent whisper, his hands stroking the hair away from my face and head bent low towards my chest as if trying to hear my heart beat. I blinked, eyes adjusting to the dim lights in the room. I raised a hand, my fingers trailing through his hair. Someone let out a sigh of relief just as Azriel looked up, his hazel eyes boring into mine.

A strangled sob left my lips before I found myself wrapping my arms around him, pulling myself into him in a tight embrace. For a second he was still before his arms wrapped around me. I could smell the salt in his tears as he buried his face in my neck. "You're alive," my voice was a whisper, my mind flitting back to the tavern where Orcus had injured Azriel. I remembered him bleeding, his eyes getting distant and losing focus.

"I am," he said, pulling back and searching my face, his fingers tracing the line of my cheekbones and lips. We were in the small room that belonged to the tavern. I could've sworn that-

"Dorian and Rowan helped me find you," his tone was a gentle caress as he turned his head to the side and I followed his gaze to find both Kings peer down at me worriedly. "Hello there your Highness," Dorian said giving me a small wink, "For a second there I thought I'd have to use my magic to remove the Vlag demon inside you,"

"Demon?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowing as I moved to sit up straighter. Azriel's hands didn't leave my body as he pulled me up against him. For some reason I was exhausted although my strength was trickling in back slowly. My gaze met Freda's, "Orcus put a collar around me didn't he?" I asked the priestess. She nodded, her face pale, "He erased your memories during your coronation and then presented you the collar when Delian was making some progress with you," she said. I turned my gaze to the mortal Prince. The man I was to wed, the man who had helped me not lose my sanity throughout the way. He had reminded me of my mate, he was the reason why Orcus had been so threatened. I met his gaze from across the room, "You told me to remember who I am," my words were soft, "if Orcus fully suspected that you were dragging me away from him he would've killed you,". And it was true, the Vlag king wouldn't stop at nothing to get what he wanted.

Delian cocked his head to the side, "It was a gamble I was willing to take," his eyes flitted to Azriel, "I've always known how strong the mating bond was. I knew he'd find his way to you,". From behind me Azriel met the mortal Prince's gaze and they shared a look, both men had earned the other's respect.

"We need to talk about the war," it was Rowan who addressed the elephant in the room and we all turned our gaze to him. He met mine and gave me a small shrug, "Sorry to be the voice of doom,".

I shook my head, "No we do need to talk about it," I said, "Orcus will be here by sunset, tomorrow- we need to make a plan about how we're going to stop all of this," I said just as a wave of nausea hit me. From behind me Azriel's stilled, I could almost feel his need to protect me, to take my pain away, the horrors that I had endured.

Freda shook her head, "You need rest if you're going to be barking out orders here. I'll brief everyone on what they need to catch up with, tomorrow let's come up with a viable plan," and with that she led everyone out.

All except for Azriel.

"Azriel," my words were a whisper as I turned to face him. His hands stroked the hair from my face, there was so much that needed to be said, we had Prythian to save. Had Feyre and the other's survived the attack? What of Aelin? Were the armies ready to march into battle?