Chapter 18

"Let's hear the speech from our consistent honor student, and the valedictorian for this school year! Montevilla, Aria Dawn!"

I smiled, as Aria went up the stage to deliver her valedictorian speech. Hindi na 'ko nagulat nang malaman na siya ang valedictorian. 

Graduation na ngayon ng kambal, at nandito kaming lahat pati ng tropa ko para i-celebrate ang graduation nila. I feel so proud and so happy for the both of them.

"Uhh... hi," Aria chuckled. "First of all... I would like to congratulate each and every one of the students here. Graduates and non-graduates!"

Naghiyawan at nag-palakpakan ang mga tao. Si Lev naman ay naka-ngisi lang habang pinapanood ang girlfriend. While Dashiell is smiling as well. And Aura, is cheering for her sister.

"This year has been a pleasant year with all of you. I learned a lot from this school year. From academics that I can apply in real life. I know this year wasn't easy for all of you. But look at the bright side, lahat ng paghihirap niyo ay natapos ng maganda. 'Yung pagpupuyat niyo para sa PETA ito na 'yon. Ito na ang bunga sa lahat ng 'yon. As your former president of the Student Council... All I want to say is that I'm so proud of what you've become, and what you will become. To be honest... I feel mixed emotions. May halong saya, lungkot, at sakit. Saya kasi tapos na 'ko, at handa na 'kong mag-move on sa college. At lungkot at sakit dahil kailangan ko nang lumipat ng ibang paaralan. It hurts me to leave this place, because here is where I improved myself. Pinamunuan ko ang paaralang ito ng 10 months, and I thank each and every one of you for giving me the opportunity to do so..." 

Nangingilid na ang luha ko dahil sa speech ni Ari. Hindi ko rin naman alam kung bakit naiiyak rin ako, hindi naman ako ang gagraduate!

"I also want to take this opportunity, to thank my teachers, parents, friends, and family. I won't be in this position without the help of your support, and love. Mommy, Daddy, I hope I made you proud," Aria said and looked at our direction. I nodded and wiped the tear that fell from my eye. 

"Sobrang proud ako," bulong ko.

"Aura, thank you for being there whenever I need help. And of course to my squad who also has been with me through my ups and downs. You guys are the best! And of course to Lev... thank you for being my strength, rest, and home. You made me a better person, and I'll always thank you for everything."

"Sana all," bulong ni Dashiell.

"I hope that I served as an inspiration and motivation to all of you. The inspiration to be an achiever, and the motivation to keep on going to be an achiever. Remember not being in first place, doesn't mean you're a failure. You did your best and that's what matters. There's always a blue sky waiting tomorrow, the blue sky full of hope and the sign that you can always try again. You have a bright future ahead of you... waiting to be achieved. So chase your dreams, and claim it. It's never too late to do it.... Thank you, at maligayang pagtatapos po sa 'ting lahat! This is Aria Dawn Montevilla, the president of Golden High now signing off."

Aria went down the stage, at tumabi naman kay Aura. Nag-palakpakan naman ang mga tao, at naghiyawan pa ang iba. Pumalakpak rin ako.